9. The past

9. The past

Sky ignored her nerves and the hesitation pulling at her brain before knocking at Callen's dorm room. She hadn't seen him for three days, when he had stayed with her even though she was sick and looked horrible. They had texted but their busy student schedule hadn't allowed them to meet up.

She was all caught up with her homework this day though so she had decided to go see if he was around. She missed him. She was well aware it was weird to miss someone you had just gotten to know but it was still the case.

A guy who wasn't Callen opened the door and frowned for a second at the view of a petite brunette standing there.

"Hello, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" He smiled at her and leaned on the frame of the door, his arms crossed.

"Hi! I'm Sky. I was just wondering if Callen was here."

"Ooh you're Sky?!" He exclaimed excitingly. "Come in young Padawan!"

She grinned at the Star Wars reference and stepped inside the little dorm room after him. It was built just like hers except than instead of the mess of clothes, there was here a mess of sports gear along with books all spread out on the floor or on the bed on the left.

"Callen just left to get something to eat for both of us but he'll be back soon." His roommate informed her before sitting on the bed on the right wall. The one drowned in books was Callen's then? Sky was growing fonder and fonder of him.

"Okay!"

"I'm Ryan by the way. Cal's roomie."

They didn't have time to get to know each other better since the door opened five seconds later to reveal Callen, balancing dangerously different packets of food in his arms while holding the door open with his foot. Sky immediately stood to help him and it was only then that Callen noticed she was in the room.

"Little Skylar!" He exclaimed with glee.

She put the food on the desk and he smiled at her before glaring at his roommate.

"You're a useless piece of ass." He said when he remarked Ryan was still seated and looking at them helplessly.

"Thank you! Love you too boo." He blew him a kiss and grabbed his phone, scrolling through messages, which clearly meant he was done with the conversation already.

"Do you feel better than Friday?" Callen asked Sky before pushing some of his books from his bed so that they could both sit down.

"Yes, I think I'm all cured. I am starving though, I didn't eat anything but soup and microwaveable noodles for three days."

"Good thing I brought food then huh? Hey, it's actually pretty sunny outside, you want to go to the roof and eat there?"

"Hey! My food!" Ryan protested, raising to hug the packets.

"My food actually and in case it wasn't clear enough, you're not invited."

Sky laughed and grabbed some of the food while Callen took care of the rest, leaving only a packet of Oreos for Ryan. Well at least it was the double stuffing. They both went up to the roof while talking about their weekend casually. Some students had had the same idea but Sky and Callen found a quiet place to sit beneath a tree where they could still be under the sun light.

Callen couldn't help but notice people were looking at them. He knew he had a reputation on campus but he definitely didn't want it to affect his chances with Sky. It was different this time. She was different.

He noticed that the sunlight made little freckles noticeable on her nose. She was laughing while talking about Kiera offering her a thousand dollars to kill the spider they had found in their bathroom and he realized he could have listened to her all day. He was aware he was falling for her and though he was afraid of it, he was also excited to see what the future held for them.