Chapter 1 - Six years later

Hey!! Sorry for being late but I had published this again. For some annoying reason, wattpad deleted half of it. I couldn't even find it on my drafts, and since I'm writing it only from my phone app, I needed to rewrite the missing parts.

In the meantime, I change some things from the first time. The ending mainly. I prefer it this way.

Anyway, ENJOY!!!

"Have you figured out what you're wearing in Kelly's wedding?"

Sitting across her, Valerie was knacking her half-eaten lunch looking at her intensely.

It has been a tradition for them, every Friday, no matter what they would meet for launch. Both their programs were demanding, with jobs that required their full attention, so they made this their time. Always, unless one of them was out of the country.

"I was thinking of wearing the purple one that I have with the open back."

"No, you aren't, not unless you want my mother to crucify you."

Truth be told, Alexandra, Valerie's mother, didn't need much to do that. She had made her opinions about Arianna know a long time ago. They weren't the most honest ones, not given the fact that she was protective of her children and Arianna was dating her only son.

"Why? It's an amazing dress, and one of my favorites."

"Exactly, which means mom already saw it, and it also means that she would know you didn't buy a new dress for the wedding, like everyone in the immediate family and do you want to know what that means?"

"Please do enlighten me."

"In her eyes, it means that you don't consider yourself part of the family, so you don't care about my brother in the long run."

"All this for a simple dress?"

"You know her logic..."

"So I need to buy a new dress?"

"You seriously need to buy a new dress and fast. The wedding is in about three months, and my mom will want to approve of it long before that."

"I'm screwed."

Arianna loved Fillip, she truly did but sometimes she felt so suffocated in this relationship. Fill on his own was amazing and caring and loving with a steady job and serious about his feelings. Every girl's dream, but he was not alone.

Everything she did was under the close watch of his mother, who never fail to show her disapproval. Ari was trying very hard to go along but sometimes she really wished she could just kill her.

It wasn't that she didn't respect the woman because she did. Alexandra, after all, had managed to raise four kids all on her own, while working to make the month and grieving for her husband's untimely death.

"Oh crap, I'm going to be late for an appointment with a client."

"Go, I'll pay and be on my way as well. I need to check some things for tonight."

"Again? You spend your entire day yesterday checking for some 'last minute things'. Relax, it's not like it's the first time you are making an exhibition."