Curiosity Made the Spy

Prologue

-Unknown POV-

"We should take them away!" A hysterical female voice sounded from inside the house. 

"I know, I know... but how? They monitor our every move..." A male voice answered. I sat there by the back door listening in. 'You should be afraid...' I think at them. Then there is a small childish voice interrupting the other two. I listen harder but they have stopped talking to listen. All I hear is the small voice talking in a half-asleep-kind-of-voice...

"Mama, Dada... there's someone outside..." I tense but there is a pause as the child yawns. "... He seems scary..." I suddenly jump up from my hiding place as a man comes running out. Behind him I see a woman holding a child of about five, and behind them is a cot with another child. The man lunges at me as he shouts.

"Shelly! Take the kids and run!" I could see the woman looking around franticly. "Find the safe place and keep quiet!" The woman begins to cry as she jogs towards the cot with the toddler, who was still rubbing its eyes tiredly. Before I could see anymore the man had flattened me to the floor...

After ten minutes of tumbling and scrapping I had him under me. I raised my hand up to take the final strike as he mumbled something I couldn't catch. But I lean in closer as he repeats himself.

"You...lose..." Then he dies there just where he smugly stated that I have lost... Does he mean just me or my company? I got up and looked around the small and clinical looking house. Nothing of the mother or the two children...

As I left the street I vowed to myself. 'I'll find them no matter what.'