Chapter 8

"I claim bullshit."

You couldn't help but laugh at the frankness in Chara's voice. "Rude. A child like you should never say those words." You had to take a moment to catch your breath though.

"For now, this child does. Seriously!" The small boy points in the direction of the fight between Frisk and Asriel in his god form after absorbing 6 human souls. Asriel Dreemur, God of Hyper Death. Yep, despite being trapped in a flower there is still a kid in there. "Every single time you stopped me. Every. Single. TIME. Yet when Asriel gets a hold of the souls you just stand by and let it all happen!" Chara moved so that he was right up in your face. "Bull. Shit." the child had poked your shoulder hard at each word making you chuckle again. After having a brief discussion with you while Frisk talked with Asgore and the others, Chara seemed to have regained himself. He wasn't completely back to normal. Yet, he wasn't acting like a murderous psychopath.

But he did have a point. Though you kind of knew that this was going to happen. There was absolutely no doubt in your mind that Asriel had witnessed Chara taking over Frisk at the last second before you intervened. So he probably decided to trust his instincts and took the 6 human souls along with all the monster souls in The Underground. Making it as though he had the equivalent of 7 human souls within him. They gave him the body that he had so very long ago just older... Even though he was thinking that this was what HE wanted, you knew that this had to happen. This fight was the final one. This fight would decide the fate of the last reset but it did give you an idea.

When Asriel had absorbed all of the souls, Chara, Frisk, and you were the only ones who weren't affected. Well.... Chara, Frisk, you, and that shy ghost for some reason. Though you weren't sure how the ghost had managed to escape it. So you had made a special barrier to protect the poor soul from getting lost in the world that was currently ending. You watched as Frisk nimbly dodged out of the way as shooting stars fell from the sky towards the human boy.

He was doing surprisingly well. Especially since this is the first time that this has ever happened. It had come as a surprise to the child that Flowey was actually Asriel. He had been unsure of what to do. So Frisk had taken some damage but thinking back on all of the friends he had made had given him their dreams. Dreams that he had used to replenish his HoPe. Frisk slipped up and managed to get nailed by one of Asriel's Chaos Sabers. Chara floated off to your side. Yelling at you to intervene but you didn't budge.

You didn't need too.

Frisk stood back up and, immediately, jumped into the fray. Not once trying to hurt Asriel. The only thing the child used was mercy. Colors fill what was the dark void of the world around you. The battle of wills extending for a long period of time. Every time Asriel attacked, Frisk evaded. Only to spare or heal like he had been doing since the beginning. As the fight continued on, Asriel's patience was starting to wear thin while his will started to falter. You could see it on his face that he didn't understand why Frisk kept sparing him. Why after all the times that he had hurt him... killed him... that he kept showing the monster mercy.

"I don't want to destroy the world anymore..."

"After, I defeat you and gain control of the timeline... I just want to reset everything."

You shuddered at Asriel's words. Why would he want this to continue? Just a few moments ago he had desperately wanted all of this to end. So why? Why a reset? Did he really think Chara was still in control? Frisk dodged more stars as he continued to spare Asriel. The God of Hyper Death speaking only when he was about to attack again.

"I'll reset your progress to zero, and you'll come back... again and again... because you want a 'happy ending'." Asriel's tone was entirely mocking and it was making you cringe. His words cutting through you like a knife. Of course, Frisk wanted a happy ending. You all did. This was why you had closed off The Underground in the first place and how all of this began. You had wanted to give Chara... Asriel... and all of the monsters the happy ending that they deserved.