Chapter 10

"Dehlilah Evans, you have been found guilty of murder in the second degree, in the case of John Yeilder. Your sentence has been determined by the unanimous vote of the jury." The judge shuffled through papers and stood. "You have been sentenced to death by lethal injection," she finished.

The woman was dressed in a black lace, long, fitted dress with sleeves that covered most of her hands and was held in place by thread acting as a ring around her middle fingers, and resting just above her collarbone. Her skin tone was a light tan and looked soft like velvet. The hat she wore had a veil of lace that covered her face just enough for her to be able to see, but not enough for me to see or make out any details of her face. The thick curly hair that fell from beneath her hat was a dark brown with tints of gold, and stopped just before her waist.

I studied her every move as she made her way out of the room through the light brown double doors only a few feet behind where she was sitting. Her entire being mesmerizing me; I couldn't take my eyes off of her until she was completely out of sight. The guards then escorted me back to my cell, but all I could think about was that woman. I couldn't seem to get her out of my head.

** An hour or so later.**

Lying on my cot, it finally came to me. I finally processed what had happened at the hearing. I sat up quickly as the realization sank in, the realization that I was going to die. I feel a heavy wave of fear and adrenaline come over me.

I lay back on my cot and close my eyes. This isn't happening, I'm just dreaming, and I am going to wake up any minute now and see Jake lying next to me, back to me with our soft, fluffy cream blanket draped over his shoulders, but leaving his neck exposed while still covering him and keeping him warm. A warmth spread across my chest as I thought about it. My eyelids felt heavy and my body relaxed as the thought of Jake lured me into a deep comfortable sleep.

I woke up expecting the bright sun to beam through my porthole as I sat up and stretched out my limbs, but I didn't get the bright sun beaming through my porthole. Instead I got the same gloomy dimly lit cell. I sighed in annoyance as I finished stretching out my limbs. Suddenly a slot on my cell door slid open and I walked over to the door curiously.

"Your injection is scheduled today after you've cleaned up and had some time to yourself to prepare or whatever for your death," a deep voice said through the slot, followed by a deep spine chilling laugh, that sounded almost like an evil scientist.

Taking in every last detail that my senses could, I stood under the shower head, the water just the right amount of hot as it poured down onto me like the downpour of rain on a stormy evening. I took in every last detail. My senses were being used in perfect harmony, allowing me to be hyper-aware of my surroundings and what I was feeling. Everything just looked and felt so... Beautiful.

I had never felt this before. Words cannot describe how amazing this feeling was, but why was I feeling this? Was it because I'm going to die and my brain wanted to give me one last bitter sweet taste of what life is and feels like? To give me one taste of what it's like to feel this? I stood in the shower for what felt like hours, under the warm water, allowing it massage my back with every drop that hit my skin.

Taking the bright blue towels I had been provided, I began my after shower routine. I dried myself off, face first, and then I wrapped the same towel around my torso, but since they had given me so many towels I just took another clean and dry towel and wrapped it around my torso instead. I took another towel and wrapped my hair up into a towel turban.

After I finished up and got dressed I was escorted to yet another room that was not my 'cozy' little cell. There a woman with a porcelain complexion, crazy bright pink eye and other face makeup, hot pink hair done up to look like a crown and one of the most crazy, creative, and somehow cute ensembles of sandal heels with a ton of straps up to the ankle, a mini skirt with fur like fuzz, a blazer with sleeves that ran to the elbow and were folded, and a shirt full of gems of pink and white. All of the pieces to the outfit were different shades of pink of course. She stood hands on hips, and beckoned me to enter with her right pointer finger, her nails a hot pink like her hair with white gems in random places, and awfully long. I walked in to see a light hue of pink-colored room full of racks of clothes and shoes.

"We're going to pick out your death outfit and what you'll be wearing when we put you into your coffin and drift you off into space!" she exclaimed excitedly, her low but high pitched voice seductive and sweet. Walking over to me, she took me by the hand, and pulled me behind her to the very back of the room.

"We'll start here, but we can make our way through the entire room, I will also be doing your make up! My name is Jeffree, by the way. Jeffree Star," she said with a wink.

"We have everything from darkest shade of black to the brightest shade of white in clothes and shoes," She added excitedly.