Chapter 4

I was sitting on a maroon colored, velvet textured couch. Beside me was a side table that held a small lamp and a few magazines. There was a small dark brown colored coffee table in front of me, across was another couch just like the one I was sitting on. On the wall in front of me there were cupboards floating above counters connecting to a refrigerator and a stove. On the counters a coffee machine, microwave, toaster and sink all found their places evenly space with enough room for dishes or something else to sit without it looking super cluttered. There were no windows, but there were doors. Four of them.

Before I had time to think about it one of the doors opened and in came more men dressed in black suits.

"Ms. Evans, it is time. Follow us please" one of the men said in a deep, directive voice.

Nodding in understanding, I followed the men out the door. Although I had no idea what they were talking about I thought I would be better off cooperating.

After leading me down halls and through doors for what felt like hours, we finally arrived at where ever it was they were taking me.

Wait... Are those? ... Space suits?

Confusion flooded my brain. Scanning the room for some kind of answer, my eyes came across a window. I could see a portion of what I am guesed to be a space ship. Realisation finally hit me.

It's Chosen.

It's been Chosen all along, but why the violent pick up and drop off? Thinking more into it I remembered that I had just dropped off that form at the post office, they couldn't have even mailed it out yet. These things and more rushed through my mind at millions of miles an hour.

"suit up," one of the men said plainly while gesturing to the space suit with his hand.

"Right.." I said, trying to sound sure of myself.

How do you even?

I attempted to put on the suit but failed, falling over to the side with the body suit. I laughed as I fell, but no one else reacted. They didn't even flinch.

Soon the men guarding me were helping me into the weird suit and getting ready to walk to out to the ship. As they walked me up to the boarding area of the ship, the men stood behind me, blocking me from turning around. I cautiously boarded and took a seat just a few feet behind the captain's chair.

The captain entered the ship and took his seat. His hair was a light brown and he was dressed in his spacesuit and other gear required for his duty.

I wondered where the other two selected people were.

The Captain turned around to face me.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, ma'am" he said with a slight sigh through his thick southern accent. as he turned back around to the control panel and began flipping switches and pushing buttons.

I put on my many seatbelts and made sure that they were all secure. I was ready to go.

The ship began its startup process and eventually we got to the countdown to takeoff.

The ship began to shake and push itself off the ground.

After soaring through the atmosphere, we finally made it into space.

Looking forward I could see the sun. We were flying towards it.

After a while I felt the ship nudge and turn, and a dull yellowish orange planet, with what looked like a lot of craters in it came into my view.

"It's Mercury!" I said in realization and excitement.

I felt the intense heat from the sun, even in this ship.

Mercury is the closest planet to the sun and is one of the hottest planets in our solar system.

We continued to fly down the line until we came across a brownish colored planet.

"This must be Venus." I said to myself as I remembered which planet came after Mercury.

I wanted to get a closer look, but for one, I wasn't the pilot of the ship, and two, we didn't seem to be slowing down near any of the planets for me to even observe them properly.

Continuing to fly down the line, we came across a familiar planet. I didn't have to think very much about this one. Earth. It's home, I thought fondly.