Chapter two

I had received a letter in the mail from what I assumed to be an organization called Chosen. The letter was something like a formal invitation. It stated that I was one of very few selected to partake in an extravagant event of viewing the planets " Up close and personal." There was paperwork attached to the letter that I was required to fill out and send in. I filled it out immediately, like heck if I was going to pass up an offer to see our solar system in real life! I mean who in their right mind would pass up something as amazing as that!?

Retrieving the envelope included, I slipped the forms in, ran my tongue across the seal, closed it tight, grabbed my keys, ran out the door to my car, and drove off to the post office. While driving I couldn't help but acknowledge how ecstatic I was. I mean I, Me, Dehlilah Evans, was possibly going to get into a spaceship and launch into outer space to see our solar system!

I got home to see my boyfriend stretched out on the couch watching Supernatural. I was infuriated. You don't watch your girlfriend's favorite TV series without her!

"What'cha doin'?" I asked in the calmest and sweetest, cute tone I could, smiling as if I was perfectly okay. He looked up at me and quickly paused and exited out of the episode.

"Just uh- watching Netflix," he said nervously

"Oh. What were you watching?" I said, maintaining the same tone as before, innocent and calm.

"Uh-... Uhm-.. Netflix?" he said like he had asked himself a question.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to catch up so that I knew what was actually going on when I satt and watch the later episodes with you," he said meaningfully as he got up from the couch, walking towards me and wrapping his arms around me to hug me.

"Awww," I said.

"Wait a second. You haven't been paying attention to the show!? We started watching it together! I re-started it all for you, and you weren't even paying attention!?" I raised my voice in anger and offense, while pulling myself away from him and crossing my arms over my chest.

He just shrugged and looked at me apologetically.

"You know what, I'm just going to let it go. I have more important things to discuss with you. But I am still very upset about this," I said as I walked over to the couch and sat down. I gestured for him to come and sit by patting the open area next to me. He walked over and sat down.

"Whats up?" he said curiously.

"Well, today I received a letter in the mail from Chosen. They have invited me on a trip to see the planets in our solar system in real life, like I will be in space observing the planets and such!" I said excitedly while also trying to keep my cool and remain calm.

"That sounds like an adventure, but why you?" he said confused, while gesturing to all of me. A hint of realisation and fear flashed onto and off of his face, but I didn't really notice.

"I don't know. But that doesn't matter. The point is, I am going to space. I get to see the planets!" I said ecstatically, no longer able to contain my joy. At the same time I slightly jumped up out of my place on the couch and at him.

"So how long will you be gone?" he asked thoughtfully

"It didn't really say," I said in realisation as I thought back to the letter.

"I don't know about this Dehlilah," he said in a tense, unsure tone while rubbing the back of his neck.

"What do you mean!? You can't tell me I'm not going. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! This is not something I am going to let pass me by Jake!" I said defensively while raising my voice.

"I'm not telling you that you can't go, Dehlilah! I'm just expressing how I feel about this. I am a part of your life too, and I don't want anything to happen to you! I don't think I could handle it if the police, Government officials or that space program thing... whatever or whoever showed up at the door and told me you were dead. Or I found it plastered all over the internet and television networks that something went wrong with the ship and you had been hurt, or even killed. My point is, it's dangerous. Losing you would mean I'd lost myself," He said voice cracking and tears welling up in his eyes.

"Don't. Please don't cry." I said as I watched a tear escape his eye and run down his face. Walking over to him and wiping it away, I slid my arms around his waist and leaned into him to hug him. He placed his hand on top of my head and let it fall back and rest just before my back. Then he placed his chin on top of my head.

"I love you, Dehlilah," He said his voice still cracking, I could feel his tears flow off of his chin and onto my scalp.

"I love you too, Jake," I replied, hugging him tighter. Still holding him tightly, was..was I... crying?

***KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK***

I jumped slightly as there was loud knocking on the door. Looking up at Jake I scanned his eyes questioning who that might be, but his only did the same to mine. I let go and walked to the door. I started feeling really tense, like something was wrong...

***KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK***

Again the knocking startled me, causing me to jump and interrupting me mid-thought. Wiping the tears from my face and straightening myself out quickly in the mirror next to the door, I made myself look presentable, like I hadn't been crying and hadn't just had a very emotional argument with my significant other. I slowly twisted the knob and pulled the door open. There stood two large men, dressed in black suits and ties, with black mirror shades on and wire pieces running from their collars to their ears.