Ch. 4

I woke up earlier then Mads so I wrote a note 'hey Mads I went back home and I'll text you later if I still have my phone -jen' I grabbed all my stuff and went home. Everyone was up, my brothers saw me and smiled, my sisters came and hugged me, my stepdad ignored me like always, and then I came across a very angry mother. Before she started yelling I Said "I want my adoption papers please. And don't worry I was just with Madison last night. I know I shouldn't have left but I needed to clear my mind." After that she hands me a stack of papers "here." She said angrily. I go straight to my room and change into running clothes I take my backpack with me with the paper work and my phone and camera and I walk out of the house with nobody noticing me like always. As soon as I get to the track I start recording and I pull it the papers " today is September 24 the day after my birthday and I found out that I" i take a deep breath holding back my tears " that I was adopted." I start reading the papers " my name is Lexie a. Espinosa " it's quite for a while then I hear Familiar voice " I knew you would be here" Madison said and sat by me. "What's this Jen?" Mads said taking the papers out of my hands  "Espinosa? Like Matthew Espinosa?" " I don't think It would be Matthew. How would I be related to him there are plenty more Espinosas out there" I said "why don't you call and find out?" Madison said pointing to a phone number. I grab my phone and put in the number it started ringing and on the last ring they picked up.
(L- Laura (the mom) & j- jen/Lexie)
L- hello?
J- hi umm I'm looking for Laura Espinosa?
L- this is she. How may I help you?
J- okay well hi I don't know if you remember me but I'm Jennifer Garcia
L- Jennifer Garcia? I'm sorry I don't know anyone by that name. *you hear constant yelling in the background* boys shut up I'm on the phone!
J- well technically as it says here it says my name is really Lexie Espinosa?
L- Lexie Espinosa. Oh my god! Is this really Lexie Anastasia Espinosa?! *sounds like she's crying* *in the background* 'hey mom. Wait mom why are you crying?!'
J- yea that's what it says on my papers
L- look I don't know who you are and what you did to my mom but I don't want you calling again! -matt. Matthew honey no it's okay they are tears of joy.
I look at Madison wide eyed and mouth 'Matthew' she just looks at me in shock.
L- Lexie are you still there?
J- I'm sorry but I go by Jen or Jennifer.
L- well okay Jennifer. Where are you I want to see you after 15 years. Happy late birthday by the way.
J- thank you. I have to call you back my adoption mom is calling.
L- okay sweetheart call me back later please.
J- okay *hangs up*

*call between adoption mom and jen*
J- hello?
M- I want you home now! *hangs up*
"Well I got to head home" I said and hid my backpack in a bush with all my belongings. "Come on I'll walk with you" Mads said. " a bunch of boys yelling and one of them happens to be named Matthew Espinosa. See I was right that's why you guys look alike" Madison said as we arrived at her house. "Whatever Mads" I say as I walk into my house greeted by yelling. " WHAT THE HELL HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU ?! YOU START BREAKING THE RULES! AS LONG AS YOU'RE IN MY HOUSE YOU LIVE BY MY RULES! WHETHER YOU'RE MY CHILD OR NOT! STOP SETTING THIS EXAMPLE FOR YOUR SISTERS! YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT YOU OUT BY TONIGHT!" My 'mother' yelled, everyone stopped what they were doing and just waited for my reply, before I could say anything my brother spoke up "come on mom you don't mean that" "I DO MEAN IT I WANT THIS OUT. YOU WERE NEVER A GARCIA!" She yelled again. I didn't know how to reply,there were tears streaming down my face, so I just walked to my room and started packing my stuff I was done around 3pm and started taking my things to the front of 'my house' my brothers came out and started putting things in their car as soon as everything was in the car my mom comes out "let her struggle let her take her own things" "this might be the last time we see her so we're helping" my brother said calmly. I simply told them to drop me off at the middle school and we said our goodbyes. I ran to get my backpack and I called my real mom again.
L- Jen? What's up *matt answered*
J- um where's mom?
L- mom? Wait Lexie?
J- yes to both
L- she's right here you're on speaker
J- c-can you guys pick me u-up?
L- pick you up why? -mom
J- I was kicked out...
L- we're coming send us the address of where you are and we'll be there
J- okay
L- love you bye
J- love you too *hangs up*