Ten

Sincere

I sat out in the cabana with Effrin the next morning enjoying the calm sound of silence and the ocean waves splashing together as we ate our breakfast. A waitress came by and bought us another huge bowl of exotic fruits and I couldn't do anything but smile. I bought my legs up to my chest as we continued looking out at the beach.

"Could I ask you something?" Effrin asked as the waitress poured us both another glass of wine.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

Effrin stayed quiet until the waitress left our cabana.

"I kind of saw something this morning when I woke up."

I instantly grew nervous, thinking of something crazy Antoine could have done to ruin Effrin and I. "Um what did you see?" I asked him.

"I haven't been saying anything the past couple of days but I've been seeing you pop those pain killers every couple of hours and then when I saw an empty bottle laying under the bed this morning I thought something was up. If there's something wrong you need to tell me."

I sighed. "There's nothing wrong Vinny, I promise."

"Then how did you go through an entire bottle of pain killers in one week? There was 100 tablets in there when you first got it," He replied.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know but I don't need you checking up on me."

"I'm your boyfriend I'm supposed to know what's going on. If you're hurting just tell me Sin before it get's worse."

"Effrin I'm fine."

"Stop lying to me all the damn time. I know you're not fine, or else you wouldn't even need those damn pain killers," He replied.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, dismissing the conversation. Like I said before, I didn't need my injuries getting in the way of the vacation. I didn't want him worrying about me 24/7 like he is now about something that's no big deal. I wish he'd just stay out of my business and let me figure out what's going on with my body.

"So you're just gonna ignore me Sincere? That's real mature," Effrin mumbled as Antoine and Jay walked over to us. Effrin put the fakest smile on his face when they pulled up chairs next to ours.

"Good morning," Antoine said standing over me.

I looked up and slightly smiled even though my stomach was in pain. "Morning," I mumbled.

They both sat down and we all just sat there eating in silence. I was honestly done with this vacation right now. Antoine was doing anything he could to bring our relationship to the spotlight, Effrin was doing everything he could to figure out what was wrong with me and Jay's presence just irritates me.

She doesn't talk to Effrin or I and she barely talks to Antoine. Usually she's off doing her own thing, leaving the three of us to enjoy each others company. I rolled my eyes at the thought of Jay. All of this shit going on with my body is Jay's fault. If she wasn't being such a bitch last week I wouldn't be in this situation.

*****

I swear I wanted to jump out of this jeep we were riding in now. We were on a mountain safari tour. The driver was taking us around the island, stopping at certain spots so we could actually get out and look at what the locals do. We've only stopped once before and that was at a waterfall but other than that we've been in the back of his jeep looking around the island.

He drove over one of millions of the bumps in this old trail and I swear it was making my stomach hurt even worse. I didn't know how longer I'd be able to keep this a secret, especially in this jeep. I looked over at Effrin who was watching me hold my stomach, clutching it every time we'd go over a bump. He shook his head and held his arms out for me.