Chapter 19

Luke's POV

Prom is today. I've been waiting for this day forever because I knew it would be super fun and amazing. I also knew that Carter would look absolutely stunning, even if she wasn't my date. Luckily though she is my date, which just makes this whole thing better.

School was a blur. Everyone was excited for prom, and that's all that was talked about.

It seems like school dragged on forever, and I was extremely happy to be home. I knew that I had to make this the perfect night for Carter and myself. I had no idea what her dress looked like, but I knew she would look beautiful nonetheless. I decided that I should start getting ready.

After about an hour of fixing my hair and tie, it was time for me to go pick up Carter. I arrived at her house and knocked on the door. Her mom opened the door, "Hey Luke, come on in." After walking inside I anxiously waited for Carter at the bottom of the stairs.

I heard clicking of heels, and looked up. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I looked at my girlfriend. I felt like I was falling in love with her all over again. She was so beautiful. I could never express how lucky I was to have her. "Hey Lukey" she said. "Hey sweetheart" I replied. I heard her mom begin to gush over us.

After taking pictures with Carter's mom, we finally made it out the door. When we arrived at the school, I was in awe at all the decorations. Everything looked so nice. Carter and I went inside, and everything looked even better. There were fairy lights, and soft music was playing in the background. It was perfect.

Carter and I hilariously danced around to all the pop music for a while. Then a slow song came on. We swayed back and forth under all the lights and I never felt more alive. I leaned in and kissed Carter, and it might have been the best kiss we've ever shared. Kissing under starry lights was the best moment of my life. Definitely.

(No i'm not dead, but i am the worst. I'm about to post the epilogue to this story, and i'm sad to see it end. thanks for all of your support even though i'm terrible at updating. epilogue will be up shortly. love, gabby❤️)