Chapter 18

(Hey loves, sorry it's been forever! enjoy this chapter it's all about their prom!!!! talk to you at the end❤️)

Carter's POV

It's officially the day of prom, and I couldn't be more excited. It's Friday, which means we have school all day and then prom all night. I have been waiting for this day for my entire life! I never could've imagined that I would be dating Luke though. I never though that I would get to go to prom with the most popular guy at school. I do know that Luke is going to do everything in his power to make sure that this is the best night of our entire lives (so far.)

School dragged by today. Probably because I had been counting down the minutes until prom since I woke up this morning. It seemed like every minute took longer than the last. However, school finally did let out, and I raced home.

Finally I'm home!! I made a schedule for getting ready and everything. First, I do my hair and makeup. Next, I get my mom to help me with my nails and toes. Then, I put on my dress. Believe it or not, this process took about three and a half hours. Never in my life have I felt more beautiful. Finally, I just have to wait for Luke to come pick me up so we can head to the school.

After about ten minutes, Luke arrives. He rings the doorbell, and my mom opens the door. Time stops. It was only the two of us. We were looking at each other for what felt like hours, but was only minutes. My mom cleared her throat, and we snapped out of the trance we were both in. "Wow, you look absolutely incredible", said Luke. "You don't look too bad yourself", I replied. My mom then demanded we let her take pictures, and we complied. After our mini photoshoot, Luke said we should head out. After saying bye to my mom, we were off.

We arrived at the school, and it was surreal. The "Starry Night" theme brought lots of stars, and a fair share of elegant decorations. Seeing everyone all dressed up was incredible. I understand what everybody meant when they said prom was incredible. I never thought it would have been this amazing. After hanging out by the refreshments for a few minutes, Luke asked me to dance. I agreed, and we headed to the dance floor. Neither of us are very good dancers, so we were basically just goofing off. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Then a slow song came on, and we attempted to slow dance. This basically ended with us stepping on each other's feet. Yet it was still the best dancing I've ever done. This was the rest of the night in a nutshell. During another slow song, we were just swaying and enjoying the others presence. Luke leaned in and kissed me, and of course I kissed back. Kissing underneath starry lights while  at prom, as the night was coming to a close, was the single best moment of my life. Definitely.

(Hey loves!! I'm literally the worst author in the entire world and for that I'm really sorry! here come the excuses... this summer has been the craziest and best of my life. I've done a lot of traveling, and have been so incredible busy! however, I'm gonna finish this book asap and do it the best I can! that's a promise! the next chapter will be prom night from Luke's POV! thank you so much for the continued support! it means a lot to me! love you so much! also their outfits are above!!Gabby❤️)