Chapter 34: Jason Mraz

Kiefer

“I am still against this idea.” Kuya Miguel grumpily said.

Sam, Tito Vicente, her brothers, and I are just waiting for the go signal from the doctor for Sam to be discharged. And we are talking about what happened last night.

Kuya Marco decided to give me one last shot. He’s letting me see Sam again. Apparently, he heard Sam last night. I always know they, even Kuya Miguel, have the urge to always give Sam what she wants. Of course, I’m not taking this chance lightly. I will make sure that Sam will be happy.

“Suck it up, Migs. It’s 3-1. Talo ka.” Kuya Mike said. He’s referring to the poll they have conducted. Sam, Kuya Mike and Kuya Marco are in favor of me sticking with Sam while Kuya Miguel is against it.

“Dad hasn’t cast his vote yet and Samantha’s vote isn’t counted. She’s the subject of the poll.” Kuya Miguel said.

“My vote is where my princess will be happy.” Tito Vicente said.

“It’s still 3-1 Migs, even if you count Sam’s vote out.” Kuya Mike said indifferently.

“Kuya Marco is a traitor. He used to be in my side. Why can’t you guys understand…”Kuya Miguel started.

“Miguel, we already talked about it.” Kuya Marco firmly said.

Kuya Miguel just crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked out the window. I looked at Sam who’s sitting beside me. She winked at me.

“He’ll be fine,” She mouthed.

***

“Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!” Everybody greeted Sam.

Von, Simmy and I organized a small welcome home party for Sam. We invited her close friends the Lady Spikers, the Blue Eagles even the girls are here. We also invited the Tengs. I also wanted to show Sam that I really trust her.

Her eyes grew larger when she saw all her friends.

The girls were the first ones to come near her. Sam tentatively let go of my hand when they pulled her away from me.

“Oh honey, we’re so happy you’re fine.” the Yssa one said.

“I’m sorry we weren’t able to visit you in the hospital. We learned about what happened to you just yesterday.” Betina said.

“Yeah, so glad you’re okay na.” Clara said.

“We’ll take you out for a pamper day one of these days. You really need one for destressing.” Reese said.

Sam just politely smiled at her friends. “Thanks girls.” She hugged them back when they huddled around her.

“Uhhh, girls, Sam just went out of the hospital. Could you not suffocate her?” Tito Vicente politely said.

The girls shyly smiled at the Villaraza patriarch and let Sam go.

“Ok. Ok. Ok guys.” Von said and came to Sam’s side. “I know you came here to welcome my beautiful bestfriend. Uhh. You can line up in this area for her autograph.” Von signaled them to line up.

“Aw!” He said as he hold his head where I hit him. “Ang protective mo naman paps! Share share din pag time.” He said which received a loud laughter from our audience.

“Thank you guys for coming.” Sam said when the laughter halted. “I appreciate everything. And I guess Von and Simmy have prepared food for everybody to enjoy. Help yourselves.”