Chapter 32: Letting Go

Kiefer is on the couch of the hospital lobby waiting patiently to sneak in. He tried to went up to Sam's room but he was stopped by some civilian guards. He came to the hospital right after he received the text from Von.

He was palnning his strategy on how to go to Sam when he saw Sam's brothers except Mike, her father and two other guys went out of the elevator.

He immediately took the newspaper on the table and raise it to hide his face.

Kiefer thought that Kuya Mike might be the one left with Sam now after the other men went out. 

"I can take him" He thought to himself. 

He was palnning on how to get passed the civilian guards when an old man poked him.

"Ijo, binabasa mo ba yang diyaryo?" The old man asked. 

"Opo, opo." Kiefer answered without looking at the old man nor to the newspaper.

"Eh baligtad naman yan ijo oh," the man commented.

Kiefer looked at the paper and shyly smiled to the old man. 

"Gusto niyo po bang basahin?" Kiefer handed the man the newspaper. The old man took it and started reading it.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He fished it out and saw it was Von.

From: Von

Paps, Where you? Hospital. Now. Hurry.

Kiefer

Since when did Von became a one-word sentence kind of person? I immediately hit the reply button

To: Von

I'm here at the hospital. Tried to go to Sam's room but some civilian guards keep on stopping me.

I waited for Von's reply, no response. I heard the elevator rang open and it showed my bestfriend. He came to me in a hurry.

"Dalian mo!" Von shouted.

"What's up?" I asked when we were in the elevator.

He looked at me and smiled. "You are one lucky guy. Of all people, Kuya Mike pa." He said those words like air. I don't understand any of it.

"Come again?" Then the elevator halted. The doors opened and Von went out of the elevator first.

"Oh anu? Diyan ka lang? You don't want to see Sam?" He asked impatiently.

When I heard Sam's name, I hurriedly stepped out of the elevator. When we were in front of Sam's door, Von signaled me to stop.

"Okay. Short briefing. The Kuyas except Kuya Mike hired guards to stop you from seeing Sam. But Kuya Mike thinks it's not necessary. So thank him." He said shortly. 

I am still puzzled but I'm starting to understand some of the pieces. So Kuya Marco and Kuya Miguel were serious about not letting me see Sam.

My thoughts were cut off when Von opened the door. I saw Sam silently sleeping on her bed while Kuya Mike was beside her. He stood up when he saw us.

I nodded to acknowledge Kuya Mike, he did the same. He looks so serious.

"Kiefer, my brothers are against this but I am doing this for my sister." He started.

"As what I have said to Von I want her safe but I also want her to be happy. And you seem to be the one that brings that to her." He said seriously.

I took a glimpse of the sleeping Sam. "She does the same to me po," I said to him honestly.

"I am entrusting this one chance to you.' He said firmly.