Chapter 19: Unsaid

Kiefer

Nagseselos ako, but I know I don't have the right. I thought Sam was reciprocating the care and concern I was showing her, that somehow she feels the same way I feel for her. But why is she still entertaining Jeric? Naguguluhan ako. Naiinis. Nagseselos.

I went inside the living room leaving the Tengs and Sam at the front door. I saw the grand piano and without knowing I was walking towards it. I opened it and sat on the stool infront of it.

As I was listening to the first notes I hit on the piano, I slowly felt my body relax. Aside from basketball and cooking, music is another thing that relaxes me. That's why I was very happy when I heard Sam play her cello which showed me that we have another thing in common.

But now, I really feel that I'm so down. Parang nakakababa ng loob yung mga nawitness ko kanina eh. I don't think I can take looking at Sam with another man.

I continued to tap the piano keys. The music it brings clears my mind. I closed my eyes. And as I do it, all I can see is Sam, her angelic face, her smile and her eyes.

The piece is almost over. And as I hit the last note, I felt my heartbeat, which was in its racing pace, went back to normal.

The room became silent. Then I felt a hand on my back.

"That was beautiful," I heard her say. Her voice.

I felt her beside me but my eyes were still closed. I slowly opened my eyes and turned to her.

"It was beautiful Kief... but very sad." She said as I look at her worried face. "You were fine earlier. Tell me what's worng." She said soothingly.

"I love you Sam and I don't think that's wrong..."

This is what I wanted to say to her.

But what I actually said was, "I'm just a little tired," and gave her weak smile.

She also gave me a weak smile. "Thanks Kief dahil pinagbigyan mo ko and sorry din at pinagod kita." She apologetically said.

"Naaaahh, it's okay Sam. It's my pleasure to be your date. Ganda-ganda mo eh." I said.

"Naku, nambola na naman." She said as she playfully hit my arm. "Let's play together." She said.

Sam positioned herself beside me. She hit the piano keys first. I know this piece. Sinabayan ko na rin si Sam.

We continued to play, occassonally glancing at each other. I'm starting to feel better and that's because the girl I love is beside me and not with another man. I have definitely fallen in love with this girl.

When we finished the piece, we were shocked when we heard a round of applause. When we looked back, we saw the Villaraza men, Von, Simmy and some of the guests smiling at us.

Kuya Mike was the first one to say something."You two sounded great," Kuya Mike complimented.

"But stil not good as you Kuya," Sam said to Kuya Mike.

"Naah, I don't think so. You and Kiefer make beautiful sound together.' Kuya Mike sincerely said.

Sam just dearly smiled at her brother. "Thanks Kuya, but that was just a piece that we usually play when we were younger and luckily Kiefer also knew it."

"You played it differently, with something special." Kuya Mike said and smiled leaving Sam and I wondering.

"Kinikilig naman ako sa inyu Paps, Sammie," Von and his comments. Panira ng moment naman tong bestfriend ko eh.