Chapter 30: Race

Sam

I fully extended my arms up to stretch my muscles. I grabbed my phone and my clock says it's 6:30 in the morning.

Uh-ha. You read it right, 6:30 in the morning. It's still sembreak and you might be wondering why I woke up early. Well, I kind of plan this day as Bring Kiefer Back Day. Yeah, that sounds stupid and if my Kuyas will hear this they'll go hysterical. They always tell me that boys should run after me not the other way around.

But it’s Kiefer! I’m not yet ready to let him go so I’m doing this.

I heaved out a heavy sigh and looked at my reflection on my phone’s screen. I smiled at myself. “You have to do this.” I mentally said.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. After I took my very relaxing morning bath, I went in my closet and prepared myself. I wore something really comfortable cause anyways I'll change naman later. I'm wearing a loose v-neck plain shirt and my denim short shorts, paired it my  black nine west doll shoes. I put my hair on a messy bun and I'm done. I'm not going to a fashion show. On the contrary I'm going somewhere very ungirly.

My bag is already ready. Kagabi pa. So i picked it up and  hurriedly went downstairs. I found my bestfriend comfortably sitting on my couch.

"Antagaaaal!" He complained when he saw me.

Von helped me plan for this day. My ever supportive bestfriend is always there for me. He was the one who gave me this idea nga eh. He'll be driving me there and help me trap Kiefer. Haha. He might reason not to come or when he sees me he'll run away. Anyways, this is all set.

"Akala ko ba 8 tayo aalis? Baka i-forfeit na nila yung reservation mo dun"

"Shut up, Von. I am that important that anytime they'll accomodate me." I told him. He stood up and took the bag I'm holding.

"Opo! Ikaw na VIP" He commented then looked at me from head to toe. 

"Ganyan ba dapat kaikli shorts mo Sammie?" Looking at my bare legs.

"Why? Something wrong?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He raised at eyebrow at me too. "You're not going out with that Sammie." He said.

"What? Vonnie. I'll change naman later eh. Don't make me change now please." I said trying to convince him.

"Sammie, we're going to a place full of men and you're wearing that? I don't think so." He said as he shakes his head in disagreement.

"Oh! They'll be closing the whole place for us. I called the owner last time, he's Kuya Mike's friend kaya pumayag." I said as a matter of fact.

"Tsk. Tsk. There is no point of arguing with you Sam. I should ask Tito Vicente to change my last name to Villaraza so I could win an agrument against you." Von said.

"We can do that." I said and smiled. I know I got this. He just playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Let's go?" I extended my arm for him to take but he ignored me.

"Eto naman. Tampururot agad." I pulled him down since he's a lot taller than me and tried to reach his nose but he knew I was going to do that. He immediately pulled himself up.

"hep! Not my gorgeous nose!" He told me. I frowned at him.

"You know I can take care of myself. And I also know you're just looking after me. I'm with you naman so no one can touch me." I said when he's still not smiling.

"Yeah I know that but they're free to look at you." He said. He's got a point there.

"Hayaan mo silang maglaway sa maganda kong legs. Hanggan tingin lang naman yang mga yan eh. And as what I have said. Tayo lang po ang tao dun and the crews.” I said still trying to reason out.