Chapter 15: Her Friends / Worried Sick

Sam

I was caught off guard by Yssa's question. Where did she get that from? Kiefer and I had been going out. I don't know if that's qualified as dating.

I let out a chuckle. "Where did you get that Yss?" I asked in return.

"C'mon Sam. You and Kiefer are all over the net. You're hiding something from us na ha. You have finally have a guy na other than that Von." She said

Oh. By the way, This is Yssa Monteclaro, a friend and a classmate of mine. She's the daughter of one of my Dad's business partner. And the us she's referring to are our other friends, the daughters of the rich businessmen in the country. These girls are part of the other side of my life. Actually, I became friends with them because I have no choice. They're the girls whom I'm usually with when there are business parties.

"Kiefer and I are just friends Yss. He's Von's teammate." I casually said. She raised one of her brows and looked at me. 

"That's so gasgas na Sam. I know you like basketball but I didn't know you also like guys who are playing it."  She said with a little disgust in her face when she said basketball and players.

Yeah. This is what I'm telling you. Well, Yssa and the others are the ones I'm telling you who are maartes and brats. They don't like basketball and the players. Actually, they don't like sports and the athletes in general. They call them the sweaty ones. I'm not exaggerating but they are maarte up to the tips of their bodies. All they want to talk about themselves and brag about what they have. Yeah typically like the mean girls on movies. Self-absorbed girls. 

I'm not even sure why I'm friends with these girls. I'm just doing favors to my dad and my brothers for the business. The girls are oblivious to my actions when I'm with them. Sometimes, I would intentionally make actions that shows them I don't like them but they just keep on ignoring it. Maybe because they don't want me to be their enemy. They may be doing it for the same reasons I have why I'm still friends with them, for  business, especially that my family pretty much have the biggest influence of them all. 

But sometimes I must admit, I get along with these girls especially when it comes to fashion and the like. We also love theatre and musicals. But that ends there. I don't share anything personal to them. We just play pretend that we're like best of friends in the whole wide world.

Obvious na ba na I don't like them? HAHAHA. 

"Hey! I heard things about that Kiefer. He's from Ateneo diba? They say he's a playboy. And loves to jump from one girl to another like almost every night." She rants.

"That's not how I know Kiefer Yssa." I said almost quietly.

"He's a basketball player. As the name suggests. Bolero," She continued. Konti na lang talga, babaliin ko na leeg nito.

"Yss, he's not like that." I just casually said.

"And you know what. I have a friend, and she said that she had a fling with Kiefer." She said twitching her face like a chismosa. That's it!

"That's not Kiefer!" I defended him

"Ooohh! Touchy! I'm just saying this cause I'm your friend." And bat her lashes like she really cares for me and she's my best friend in the world.

Of course, I have mastered this game too. I faked my sweetest smile "Of course Yss, I understand. Thanks" Then hugged her. But when I was not facing her, I was making face to her.

"You're welcome honey. Beware ha." She sweetly said.

"Of course!: I said just to make her stop.