Chapter 20: Doctor for the Day

Kiefer

Sam and I arrived at their house. We entered their house while I was holding her. We were welcomed by her brothers' puzzled look. 

"You're back? This early?" Kya Miguel curiously asked as he put down the book he was reading.

"I thought you two are going out?" Kuya Marco asked. "What's wrong, Sam?" 

"Kuya, she's not feeling well. Medyo mainit po eh," I answered for Sam.

"You're not feeling well na pala. Umalis ka pa," Kuya Mike seriously said.

"Kuya, kaya ko naman eh. Nag-overreact lang talaga si Kiefer," Sam said.

"Mabuti pa tong si Kiefer, Sam oh. He cares for your health. You should go upstairs and get some rest." Kuya Marco commanded.

"Kuya please, let Kiefer and I hang out. Aalis na siya bukas. I'm not sleepy naman. I promise I will rest pag super pagod na talaga ako." Sam pleaded. Nakakataba naman ng heart yun. She really wants me to stay para makasama ako bago kami umalis ng team.

I mentally smiled.

She was looking at her brothers expectantly. Her brothers looked at each other.

"Oh sige, but huwag masyadong magpagod Sam," Kuya Marco said. Yes! I get to spend time with Sam. And I can take care of her.

"Thanks Kuyas, you're the best." I guided her to her brothers. She gave each of them a hug. 

"But Sam, rules are rules. No boys on your room." Kuya Mike reminded.

"Yep! we'll be in the movie room na lang??" She asked.

"Okayyy. Use the recliners so you can get some rest." Kuya Miguel instructed.

"Kiefer, ikaw na bahala kay Sam. We trust you." Kuya Marco firmly said.

"Opo. Aalagaan ko po tng si Sam" I answered.

"If you need anything, just call the maids." Kuya Mike said. I nodded to them.

Sam showed me the way to their movie room. The maids also helped in preparing the room as instructed by Kuya Mike. I was definitely amazed by the room. State of the art. Yaman talaga! 

I help Sam to one of the recliners. But she pointed me to the bigger one which can accomodate 2-4 persons.  

"Tabi tayo" She said and sweetly smiled at me. Haaaayyy. Tigilan mo yan Sam. Nahulog na nga ako oh. Sa sobrang lakas bali-bali pa mga buto ko.

I asked one of the maids to get some throw pillows and blanket for Sam. Lamig naman kasi dito. When the blanket and pillows arrived, I helped Sam get herself settled to the recliner. 

"What do you want to watch, Sam?" I asked her.

"I don't know yet. I'm not sure if Kuya Miguel updated the list of movies here." She said.

"Oh sige, pumili ka muna. I'll get you something to eat, para makainom ka na ng gamot." I found my way to the kitchen. 

"Kuya, ano po hinahanap niyo?" A teenager wearing the maid's uniform asked me.

"Meron ba kayo ditong sandwich or something na ready ng kainin?" I asked her.

"Meron po,kukunin ko lang po." While waiting for the girl to come back, I filled a glass with water and took the wooden tray from the cupboard.

The girl came back with 2 chicken sandwiches. I was thinking that Sam may not have the sense of taste kasi nga may sakit. Pero okay na muna tong sandwich para makainom na yun ng gamot. Ipaglulutoo ko na lang siya mamaya ng soup or something.