"Loving Enemies" - Adrienette

Marinette and Adrien are lovers, while Chat Noir and Ladybug are mortal enemies.
NOTE: Chat is not a superhero in this shot.

###

"Wait honey!" Marinette screamed from the other side of the street. She saw how her boyfriend giggled as he gestured his hand to make her cross. She smiled and walked towards Adrien.

"You have to be faster Mari. You're lucky I'm patient" he said, pecking her cheek. She smiled and nodded. Then she grabbed his hand and made him walk beside her.

Adrien looked away, and asked "So Princess... What do you think of Chat Noir?". He knew Chat was a dangerous villain. And he also knew he was asking about himself. Adrien didn't really want to hurt people, but he had to. It was the only way of stopping the Akumas. But since Ladybug didn't like that way, they became enemies. He stopped loving her, and started to develop feelings for Marinette.

Marinette stayed silent for a moment. She didn't like bringing her ex partner up. She really missed him, but he decided what to do with life. If he wanted to become a villain, she had to stop him. She sighed and answered, saying the things she heard from other civilians. "Chat Noir? The ex superhero? Well, he is really dangerous and wild. I don't exactly know why he changed sides, but it wasn't a good change. I hope he doesn't kill me for being Akumatized one day".

Adrien looked down. Did she really thought of him that way? How he would tell her he was the 'dangerous and wild' Chat Noir? He was snapped out of his thoughts when his girlfriend continued talking.

"He worries me though. Before becoming a villain, he was Ladybug's partner, her best friend. She really cared about him, and I'm guessing that having to fight against him might hurt her" she said, remembering her good times with Chat. Oh, how much she really missed him. Hawkmoth even decided to stop sending Akumas, her theory is that he's waiting for them to kill each other. But the last thing Marinette ever wanted to do was kill her best friend, her partner.

These words really hit Adrien. Maybe she was right, maybe Ladybug really missed him. But his way of stopping Akumas was better, and easier. If she didn't want to do it his way, then they couldn't work together anymore. Well, he decided it was time to stop this. He would kill Ladybug that night.

###

Ladybug was jumping between rooftops, patrolling if, by any chance, Chat Noir showed up. And he did. He was standing on a rooftop that was in front of the superheroine. She stopped one rooftop before him.

She grabbed her yoyo before he had started speaking. "I'm sorry M'Lady, but this has gone too far. It is time to put a stop on it" he said, and somehow made his staff sharper from the sides.

"I am not yours" she said, gaining a fight position.

"You were never mine in the first place" he said, before jumping onto Ladybug.

The spotted heroine avoided the attack, almost. They started fighting with all the strength they had. But Chat's attack were more dangerous with each try of hitting her.

They were fighting almost until sunrise. Ladybug was exhausted, she couldn't anymore. This made her loose her defenses, and unfortunately; Chat Noir stabbed her in the stomach, making the poor girl fall to the ground. He grinned as he put her on his lap and took off her earrings. He saw her detransformation. What was in front of him he could not believe.

His girlfriend was laying there, bleeding to death. "Ma... Marinette?" he asked in disbelief. Tears started forming in his eyes as his transformation wore off too.

"Please Mari... Don't leave me!" Adrien cried, caressing her cheek. She smiled at him weakly. Marinette wiped his tears away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he cried and sniffed. "I'm sorry for everything... Can you forgive me?" he begged.

"Of... Of course Adrien... I will," she coughed and continued "I will always... Forgive you... No matt-... Matter what" she leaned and kissed him one last time.

Adrien held her tightly, his tears streaming down on her pale face. "Promise... me something" she said.

"Anything princess," he sniffed and added "Anything". She smiled at this comment and spoke, her voice weak "Promise me you will take care of the Akumas like we used to. Without killing them".

Adrien nodded, and kissed her cold forehead. She smiled, and closed her eyes, falling into an endless sleep. The poor 17 years old boy screamed in horror and cried louder.

From that moment on he never killed an Akuma ever again, and waited until it was the time to reunite with Marinette.

###

The end.

Hi! So, wanted to write this shot before starting my new book 📗. Tell me what do you think of the shot!