Birthday

This is admittedly horrible writing but I wanted to right it so I did, here you go. Leave a comment 💙
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
*Dans POV*
How the actual fuck did I forget to make a cake?!
I got the present and not the damn cake what the hell was I thinking?!

I guess im gonna have to go to the shop to buy some ingredients but what do I tell phil?
He's currently laying his head on my lap as he watches anime and I stroke his hair mindlessly and I doubt he'd let me move without a good excuse.
"Hey Phil?" I speak in a quiet voice, shaking his shoulder gently, knowing his eyes where starting to drift closed.
"Hmm?" He hummed in answer, barley conscious.

"I'm going to go rent the "The lion king", be back soon?" I lied, drawing small circles on his back as I waited for him to move.

"No!" He pouted, eyes still closed.

"Please? I'll buy icecream" I bargained, watching as his bright blue eyes flew open meeting mine.

"Fine but it has to be chocolate." He smiled, pecking me on the lips as he sat up and I shuffled the blanket off myself that we where both covered in.

"Deal." I kiss him once more and leave him to grab my coat.
"Hey, Dan?" He calls from the other room.

"Yeah?" I call from the other room shoving my coat on my shoulders.

He pops his head around the door with a cheeky grin on his face. "I love you"

"Love you too" I say as I peck his lips, "now what do you want?"

"What do you mean?" He pouts, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips as I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Fine, I was just wondering if you could tell me where you hid my presents, you know just so I don't accidentally see them and stuff" he smiles innocently.

"No Phil, ive been with you for 7 years, 2 of those years we've been married. I'm not that dumb, now do you want icecream or not?" I smile at him as I find my keys.

"Yes," he kisses me as I pass him, "but if its not chocolate you're sleeping on the couch!" He shouts after me as I walk out the door and I wave him off casually. The question was how would I get back multiple bags with baking ingredients in them without him noticing?

And with that thought in mind I called Chris (so for convenience Chris lives a street away sorry)

*******

"Hey mate, so would you mind me leaving this stuff here and picking it up in like 2 hours?" I say as he meets me at his door.

"No problem but no sexy sexy, i know its his birthday but I dont want little dans running about!" Chris warns grinning and taking the bags inside.

"Thats not how it works Chris" I chuckle, "see you later"

And with that I walk back down the street with the requested goods in my hand, grinning at the thought of Phil's face tomorrow.

*******************

"Phil" I whisper.

He doesn't budge.

"Phil" I say a little louder and this time he stirs enough for his face to bow be facing upwards on my lap.

I lean down catching his lips in mine, waiting for him to respond which only takes a few seconds as he kisses me back, hand cupping my face and head lifting up slightly.

I break apart, staring down at his deep blue eyes which are still half closed from tiredness.

"Bed time" I smile down at him as he smiles back, drowsiness clear in his lopsided grin. I pick him up bridal style and plopped him in our bed, watching blissfully as he snuggled into the covers.

"I'll be back in a minute" I tell him as I kiss him on the forehead, knowing full well that he'll fall asleep straight away and not notice I'm missing. 

I quickly made my way downstairs and out the door and came back with the ingredients within 5 minutes.

I tried not to make a lot of noise and I know I'm a Stan of the great British bake of but this wasn't going as planned.

20 minutes into this messy adventure I had made two tries of a mix, failed and resorted to just making cupcakes which I was just in the midst  of making when two warm arms snaked around my front, causing me to jump in surprise and smash an egg on the intruder.

It was then that I heard Phil's deep chuckle from behind me and turned to see Phil with egg smothered in his hair.

"Wow now I'm nearly as messy as you" he spoke in his deep sleep deprived voice as he put his arms around my waist and rested his head on mine, looking down at the mess of my PJs.

I smile innocently, reaching slightly to the side, grabbing the flour and pouring the contents of the bag over his head and watching as it forms a large dust cloud between us.

I get ready to run but an arm grabs me and pins me back to the counter.

"Fair play" he says, a small smile tugging at his lips, "now let's make some cupcakes."

He turns away to get an egg out of the fridge leaving me with a flour covered waist where his hands had been and a confused look on my face.

He was being too nice and with that I knew I was going to get it later... (°•°)