"What are you doing in town?" He asks me.

"I took the underground to get some stuff for my apartment. You?"

"I was just hanging out. I'm going to play football later with Niall, but other than that I was just going to sit here all day. Want me to accompany you on your shopping trip?" He asks.

"That would be lovely, however, you are going to have to carry the bags." I say back, laughing at the end.

He smiles, sticking his tongue out a bit, "really, you're going to make me carry the bags? Fine, I knew you wanted to see these muscles in action." Throwing his hands up at the end in a defensive state. He gets up to leave and we walk out of the café together. He holds the door open for me as I clutch my coffee. I threw my muffin in my purse and decide I'll eat it once I'm finished this coffee.

"I don't know my way around well yet, so, where do you think I should go to get a lamp or a coffee machine? That's the main things on my list."

"You have a list? Like a proper list?" He asks in disbelief.

"Course I do, how would I know what to get?" I ask.

"You're ridiculous. There's a shop down here that you can get that stuff from." He leads the way and I follow behind.

"Have you seen Harry since Friday?" He asks, with a puzzled look on his face.

I blush, "uhm, no, I haven't. Why?"

"No reason."

"I know he was staying with you these past few nights. I heard them talking about it." I say shyly.

"Yeah, I remember him saying that. When he got in that night we saw you, he was quite upset. What exactly happened?" He asks.

"Well, he was, uh, with a girl at the bar, and then he saw me, I'm pretty sure he didn't expect to see me there, or ever again for that matter. Then he stayed in his car till I left, and punched out a guy who was trying to kidnap me then followed me home." I consider adding the part about him saying he can't stay away from me and me slamming the door in his face, but I refrain.

"Wait, you almost got kidnapped?" He stops and stares at me.

"Yeah, when I was walking home from work." I never really thought about it, I've only thought about Harry since.

"Oh my. Good thing Harry was there."

"Yeah. Good thing." I echo.

"He fancies you, you know that."

"He doesn't like me. He barely knows me."

"He hasn't left the house since he saw you. You've put a spell on my Harry." He teases.

"May I remind you we've met like, what, twice, three times? I'm pretty positive I didn't put a spell on him. Plus if I did hopefully it can be broken, I don't need him anyway."

"You should be friends with him. I know I said stay away, but it wouldn't hurt to be his friend. He's not good with long distance relationships, he's always away. I mean, he's rubbish at relationships anyways so. He just gets on with girls, and leaves them wanting more. That's what you do when you're on the road and you're trying not to feel lonely. You're a nice girl, I don't want you to get hurt."  I assume he's talking about them travelling a lot for whatever reason. I don't reply and let his words sit in my mind.

We reach the store Louis and walk inside. My eyes look straight on and see the thing I want most. The coffee maker. I walk up to the Keurig and grab the starter pack of coffees. I figure I'm going to need some dishes and other little things so Louis follows me around the store as I balance each item in my arms. Louis stays silent most of the time, and soon we're done.

We approach the checkout and Louis helps me put everything on the counter. I ended up buying the coffee machine, a set of glass bowls, plates, mugs and glasses, some utensils, two white lamps, and a few pillows for my couches. I pull out my wallet to pay for it and Louis collects the bags.

"Louis, I was joking when I said I'd make you carry it."

"I know." He says and smiles, what a gentleman. "Do you need to get anything else?"

"No, I've just got to go to the grocery store once I get home."

"You took the underground right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I can give you a drive home, if that's easier?"

"That would be fantastic."

"Okay, I've just parked at that café, so we will have to walk a bit."

He holds the door open for me and we start backtracking the way we came.

"So Louis, so many questions about my life, what about you? You have a girlfriend, I suppose?"

"I do, how did you know?" He says, quietly.

"You were the only one at the bar without a girl all over you." I say, truthfully.

"Makes sense. Yeah her name is Eleanor. We've been good friends for a long time and since X-Factor she's always been there for me. She's great. I think you guys would really get on. Maybe sometime we can all hangout." He says, smiling. Good for him. And what does he mean since 'X-Factor'?

I try not to pester him with questions as we walk, so we stay quiet. We get to his car and he motions for me to get in. "You live by Evolution right?" He asks. I nod yes. "Bow Street to be exact, the apartment buildings there." I shove the bags into the back seat and sit in the front. The hum of the car comes on and the radio turns on. The announcer comes on, "Here's One Direction with Kiss You." The song starts up and Louis groans.

"Ugh, not this rubbish again!" He laughs. I'm not quite sure what's so funny. He looks at me and gives me a funny look.

"You've never heard of One Direction?" He asks with a cocky tone.

I shake my head, "no, sorry I haven't."

"Good, they're a shitty band anyways." He says, laughing into his shoulder. He changes the channel and we sit listening to the bad radio tunes the rest of the way.

"Here you go." I jump out and Louis rolls down his window. I grab my bags from the back and walk up to the window.

"Thanks so much, you've been a huge help." I smile down at him.

"No problem, it was my pleasure. Maybe we can hangout again sometime?" He asks, handing his phone to me.

"Of course." I punch in my digits and label it Emma. I watch as he types in my address underneath.

"What's your last name? Sorry, I know quite a few Emma's."

"It's Evans. Emma Evans." I cringe at my last name, it's such a terrible name.

"Well Emma Evans, I hope to see you again." He smiles.

"Me too. Say hello to Niall!" He drives off in his car and I'm left waving as he disappears.

a/n

can i get an amen for louis tomlinson 

i love him more than harry tbh