"I hate it but I love him. Mariela forgave him."

"Mariela is sixteen. She doesn't know any better. She's lucky I walked in before he could hurt her."

"I knew I shouldn't have told you," Mia laughed softly as a few tears fell down her cheeks. "Maybe I am dumb, but you can't say if Eric came knocking on the door right now that you wouldn't take him back."

A hard knock came on the door and my heart dropped. It was probably Andy. "That's different. Eric cheated. He wasn't abusive. He just f-cked up once and I left him for that. If he came running back then you know I wouldn't give him another chance. Not after all the shit I went through." The knock got louder.

"Just go. Don't keep Andy waiting." My phone began ringing again, and I grabbed it just to ignore Andy's call. "Delaney, I'll be okay. Don't be stupid. Just go have fun. I'll be careful, okay? I'm taking things slow with him."

"Okay. I love you. Don't do anything dumb."

"Okay." I gave Mia a hug before running towards the door.

When I yanked it open, Andy was about to walk away. She quickly turned around and faced me, "Are you okay?" I must've still looked upset from Mia and I's argument. Andy stepped closer to me and I smiled.

"I'm okay." I kissed her lips and she seemed surprised but she kissed me too.

"Why do you always make me look like a bum, huh, darling?" Andy really was dressed casual. Ripped jeans and a muscle tee and here I was in my Sunday dress. "You really look stunning." She put her hands on my hips and pulled me closer to her. I took in her scent and instantly felt at ease. Right now, I had to put the Mia drama on the back burner and enjoy Andy's company.

"You look gorgeous with your little muscles out," I joked as I kissed her bicep.

She rolled her eyes at me and stepped back to flex her muscles. "I'm swole."

"The only thing swole on you is your big ass head."

"Now, that's mean," Andy told me as she laughed. "I'm going to tell my mom you were mean to me then she's really going to hate you."

"She's going to love me, fool! Now, let's go! I've kept you waiting for far too long."

Today, Andy was driving a black Maserati sedan. It was as if she had a new car every time I saw her. We didn't get a couple miles down the road before she took my hand in hers. Her other hand remained on the steering wheel as she brought my hand up to her lips. "You're not nervous, are you?"

"Why would I be?"

"You're meeting my family."

"I know and they're going to love me. They're going to love me so much that they're going to want to adopt me."

"Whatever. We'll see."

We arrived to the party a little early. Few cars were on the stone driveway, but all the lights were on in the grand home of Andy's parents. I grew up pretty wealthy and had been in some nice homes, but I'm afraid I've only seen a house like theirs on television shows and in magazines. The garage itself probably had more square feet than an average family's home. The house was traditional with its brick and stone exterior but somehow still seemed modernized. Andy walked in without a knock and I followed in behind her. It seemed like as soon as I stepped in, I felt a homey vibe as if I was home myself.

I heard laughs from the kitchen and an intoxicating smell came from it as well. My stomach began growling and I licked my lips. I'm not sure what was being prepared but it had to be good from the smell of it. The lights were dim as we walked through the spacious family room and towards the enthralling kitchen. When we walked in, my mouth probably dropped to the floor. When I say that there was enough food to feed an army, I literally meant it. Food was laid out everywhere in platters. Ranging from basic Italian food to hotdogs. Any picky eater could find something to eat.