37; Sand On Bourbon Street

Start from the beginning

"Please, Harper. She could never make me feel the way that you make me feel. You make me feel-" He began, but I cut him off.

"Then I hope she was worth it because you threw the idea of us out the window," I sneer. Tears left his eyes.

"I love you, Harper."

"You have a poor way of showing it! You want it so bad! You want a family so bad but all you do is fuck them over until you're satisfied! Do you even care about me? Do you even care about the baby?" I shout.

"I've tried to save this family, to save the two of you!" Klaus screams.

"So you fucked her to save me?! From what? I can't do this anymore. You have no concept of commitment or family. You won't grow up." I sob.

"I can't be fixed, Harper! I will never have that ability, Harper. I am a broken shell of a man, I am a monster that broke from the cage. You can't fix me. I've been through hell a million times, I've become the devil himself. No one can fix me," Klaus cries.

"Bullshit! Stop making excuses and step up to be an example for your daughter, Klaus. Is this supposed to show her that if the person she loves cheats on her she's just supposed to allow it? Honestly, Klaus." I scoff.

"I love you. Please forgive me," Klaus begs me.

"You've broken my trust. Therefore, I will never forgive you," I huff, turning away from him and walking out of our bedroom door.

I ran into the spare bedroom as quickly as I could. Anger racked through me, my veins turning as hot as fire. I screamed and felt everything in the room crash against the walls, the windows shattered and so did my heart. Fuck him. I've done nothing but give him unconditional love and he repays me by this.

I left my entire body turn into a fireball. I was fuming, everything in my body just set aflame. I stormed into the bathroom and quickly turned on the shower, climbing into the freezing spray with my clothes on. The tile on the shower walls almost looked like mirrors. My eyes were completely blue, not even a pupil to be seen, veins snakes their way up my face, pulsing, glowing.

I grit my teeth and drove my fist through the tile. I felt the tile crack and fall, the skin on my hands tear and my anger being replaced with pain.

Fuck him. If he wants me to hate him, then he got his fucking wish.

I turned off the shower and left the bathroom, not even caring for a towel. Elijah walked into the room with a face full of concern. "Do you have an explanation for all the commotion, Harper?" He asks.

"Oh, I don't know. Why don't you ask your cheating, lying, and monster of a brother."

"You're bleeding," Elijah states.

"So? Aren't you going to do anything about him?" I ask.

"What do you suppose I do, Harper? We have bigger worries," Elijah states.

"Fuck off," I growl angrily and shove past him.

________

I heard of a party that Klaus was throwing and, of course, I was going to crash it. I slid on a blood red dress that went mid-thigh and was tight fitting. I left my hair in its natural curl and did my makeup.

I strode into the party in confidence and feeling every bit of a revenge plot. Walking to the table filled with food, I was glad to find that Elijah had actually set out water. As much as I wanted to drink some scotch, I wouldn't for the baby's sake. My eyes laced with the people, the auras brightly shining. My eyes finally wandered to the balcony.

Klaus kissing Genevieve. Touching, feeling, tasting. Oh, god, I was going to puke. I scoffed and shook my head, looking away

"Want to dance?" A voice asks, allowing me to look up.

"A werewolf wanting to dance with a pregnant woman?" I ask with a small chuckle.

"Well?" The man smiled.

I smirk and take his extended hand. The man twirled me in his arms, I laughed. "So, what's your name?" He asks.

"I'm surprised you don't know. I'm the girl Klaus knocked up," I tell him with some bite.

"I know, but a name is what I asked initially," the man hummed.

"Harper." I chuckle.

"I'm Gabe. Nice to dance with you Harper," Gabe introduced himself. A crash sounded through the music and I left Gabe's arms. A werewolf and Diego were at each other's throats, breaking things, fighting. Elijah sped to hold the werewolf, Oliver, against a table. Jackson held a stake to Diego's heart.

"This ends now," Elijah warns. "I won't ask again."

"Oh, we'll end it all right," Jackson grumbles angrily.

"What's stopping you?" I ask loudly, stepping away from Gabe. All eyes were on me as I spoke. "Kill him," I order. "Go ahead. Do it," I challenge. "I mean, it's not like he doesn't deserve to die. I mean, it was Oliver who handed Rebekah over to the witches so they could torture her, but then again, wasn't it Diego who led a werewolf massacre last month? But Klaus ordered that genocide mission. But then again this all started with the witches cursing the wolves, while the humans stood back and let it all happen, so when you think about it, everyone here deserves to die," I cross my arms over my chest

"Are you approaching a point?" Elijah asks me.

"Yes, Elijah, I am. The point is if we can't all get along, then is there an actual point? Why does any of this matter?" I ask him, gesturing around me. "If that's true, then just get it over with. Kill everyone," I order again.

Elijah of Oliver let's go and Jackson lets go of Deigo.

The four leaders of each faction stayed downstairs, signing a peace treaty in blood. I trudged upstairs and walked into Klaus's room. Klaus was painting the city of New Orleans, a full moon white moon hung in this sky.

"Can I ask you something?" I break the silence, and he turns to face me. He nods slowly and looked back to the painting. "Was she truly worth it?" I ask.

"Nothing I will ever do that results in losing the love of my life will ever be worth it," Klaus whisper.

"Yet you kissed her tonight," I state.

"And you danced with that wolf," he snapped.

"After the fact you slept with another woman leading to our break up," I snap back.

Klaus fell silent.

"You don't love me. You don't have to pretend anymore." I shrug. I was putting on a good face but I was close to tears.

"Don't do that to me, I've always loved you. Ever since the day my eyes met yours, my lips met yours, and our first dance," Klaus defended.

I looked down to the floor and shook my head with a curt laugh. "If that were true, my heart wouldn't be broken, " I state. I turn around and walk out of the room.

Klaus doesn't chase after me.

____

Updated 2-28-18

a little shorter of a chapter 

Questions?

Will Klaus ever fix what he's broken?

Will Harper ever forgive him?

Does Harper kill Genevieve? (Please, god, I hope so)

Will that baby have parents who are together?

Will the family be broken forever?

Vote

Comment

Share