5

Two meals have now passed and I've been escorted by the same stormtrooper all day. Kylo wanted some alone time, so I let him have it. I've changed back into my clothes from yesterday and am now just sitting on my bed. The cool breeze from the outside world is rushing through my hair, soothing my nerves. The trooper is standing by the door like this morning, both of us silent. And then a knock comes from the door.

"Open up."

Kylo.

The trooper then opens the door as quickly as he can without it seeming like he's nervous. Kylo stands on the other side, stepping in after the door is completely ajar.

"Leave us."

The stormtrooper obeys.

I stare at Kylo's mask, watching his body movements intently. He just stands there for at least a minute, then finally speaks.

"You're going home."

I stand abruptly. "What?"

"I'm letting you leave. You need to get back to Leia."

I take a step towards him. "But I just got you back. I can't leave now."

He looks away from me. "You're leaving and that's final. I'll get you a TIE Fighter prepared. Since it's smaller, it should be easier to fly."

I take another step. "But, Kylo, I don't want to leave. I want to be with you."

He snaps his head back to me. "I don't care what you want! It's for your own safety, Veto! You're leaving."

I sigh and walk out to the balcony. "Where are we anyway?"

"Where do you think it is?"

I look around my surroundings. It still looks and feels like Naboo to me, but wouldn't he have told me if it was my home planet when we got here?

"I'd say Naboo, but I know-"

"It is."

I snap around, looking at his now revealed face. His helmet had been removed again and the large bandage is shown.

"What? I've been in Naboo and you didn't tell me? I could have gone and seen my old home! I could have seen neighbors and family members!"

Kylo shook his head. "There isn't anything to see, Veto. It's all gone."

I stood still. "What?"

"When we first got here, I checked. There is no one in your family - there isn't even that part of the village left. Your home is gone."

"All of it?"

He nodded and I sighed. I turned back around to look out one last time.

"Fine. I'll go."

***

Nighttime has fallen and my eyes have yet to get heavy. I stand on the balcony and enjoy the breeze. It's calming my nerves in every way possible. And though my mind is racing with all the information and fights I've had in the last twenty-four hours, it feels good to know I'm home. Yes, I live with Leia now, but this was where my parents were from. This is where I'm from. So, it's home.

The stormtrooper still stands at the door, silent. He's not moved from his position. I don't know how he's done it. I could never stand in one spot for hours on end without talking or sitting down for at least a moment.

"Can we talk? This silence is killing me," I say, turning to the trooper.

He moves his head to look at me. "I do not have clearance to talk to someone of your stature."