3

He's trying, so hard is he trying. Luke is worried, but I still have faith. I know what he is capable of - the good and the bad. Sadly, he's leaning towards the bad. He's angry when he returns to our tent, and he only complains on how he can be better and how Luke doesn't show him any new tricks. He says Luke is too slow and that all the other kids are too arrogant to even try to be here. The worst part of it all is that he's the best in the class. He's shown the best improvement in the past three months than any other "youngling".

"Can you blow out the candle?" Ben asks from behind me.

He's been ranting on and on for the past hour of his disappointment in himself, his fingers playing in my loose hair. I've been in his lap between his legs listening to every word he's told me. It makes me sad to think he thinks so poorly of himself.

Without answering, I lean up and grab the candlestick beside our feet. I bring it to my lips and blow it out, setting it off to the side where I always put it. Then I lie back down onto Ben's stomach, snuggling up to him contently.

"Goodnight, little wren," Ben whispers, running his hand across my back.

I smile gently against his chest, grabbing his other hand in my own and squeezing.

"Goodnight."

***

My eyes flutter open to the sounds of the outside world, speeders and other crafts flying by just below the balcony. I was still in the bedroom Kylo left me in last night. After our conversation, he exited without telling me anything else. A stormtrooper stands by the doorway, watching over me so I don't do anything stupid. Though, I didn't plan on it whatsoever. I found a change of clothes in the drawer beside the bed and put them on to sleep in, thinking it would be okay. And after I did so, I fell asleep without speaking a word to the trooper.

I sit up completely and look to the door to see the stormtrooper still standing there.

"Kylo Ren requested your appearance once you woke up. So let's go," he instantly says.

"May I change clothes first?" I ask.

"No."

I sigh and get out of the bed, fixing the grey top against the green pants then putting on my brown knee-high boots. I then follow the stormtrooper out of the room and down countless halls until we reach one last door at the end of a corridor. He takes me to it and knocks.

"Who is it?" Kylo roughly says on the other side.

"I've brought the girl."

"Let her in."

He sounds tired but still not in a good mood. I can only imagine what's in store for me.

The stormtrooper opens the door and I step in, him closing it just as my other foot goes through. My eyes land on Kylo instantly, him standing by a mirror on the opposite wall as me. There's a bed just behind him leaning against the wall to my right. This must be his bedroom.

He gives me not a single glance as he bandages his waist. "You slept late."

"Sorry. I didn't have a wake up call. You know, usually when you're staying somewhere, they call you whenever you get up. I thought-"

"Shut up!"

His eyes dart into mine, staring me down with anger. I can see it on his face that he didn't get much sleep, probably because of the pain he feels all over his body. His face is unwrapped and I see the red line across his skin again. It looks better - a little healed - but I can only imagine that the pain must be unbearable.