To Sleep is The Key

Budder turned the corner and stopped. In front of him, Barney and Ross were standing in front of a closed cell door. He stuck a hand out, and the group stopped to watch for a moment. They could hear  their malicious laughter. Morgan nudged Budder's arm carefully and nodded to the pair in front of them. She held a golden shovel in her hands that glowed with power. 

"It's not them" She whispered to Budder. He nodded knowingly. 

"Get them" Budder said, loud enough for the rest of the group to hear.

Barney and Ross stopped laughing and looked over at the group surprised and confused. With silent efficiency the group rushed forward. Fluffy grabbed Ross and slammed him into the wall before dropping him limply on the ground. The disguise slowly faded off the body, leaving it in a white robe. It's face was veiled in blackness, but blank red eyes stared out at the group. Barney tried to run, but Morgan was on him before he could even take a step. 

"This is for my father" Morgan hissed before plowing the shovel into his gut. The being gasped, and the color leached out of him just as quickly as it did his partner. Morgan slowly stood up and pulled the enchanted shovel out again. 

"Good job" Budder nodded. He leaned down and took the keys from the entity that had looked like Ross. He handed the keys out to the others. 

"Remember to stay in pairs, and free as many people as you can. We'll meet on the surface after everything is done" He said. The others nodded in understanding. This plan had been in the works for weeks now, and they weren't going to loose their chance at freedom just like that. 

"Let's go!" Morgan shouted, grabbing Nova's arm and running down the hall. Fluffy nodded and ran with Quartz. 

"Let's go" Budder repeated. He took his key out of his pocket and unlocked Ross' cell. Quietly, Ross looked back up at him. His eyes narrowed.

"Princess" Budder bowed. Ross grinned and stood up. 

"Gold" He replied, bowing back. 

-------

Crystal looked down at her compass confused. She had been heading north for a while now as she journeyed, but something didn't feel right. The forest looked fine around her, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary from where she had seen it before, but still the feeling nagged at her.

She shook her head and quickly put the compass back in her pocket. No use worrying about that now. Once she reached a town, she would be sure to ask. Crystal looked up at the sky curious. She had been walking for hours, and the sun looked like it was about to set. She knew she'd have to set up camp soon, but every spot she'd seen hadn't been quite right. 

It wasn't too long before she came to a hill. It wasn't steep, but wasn't small either. There were plenty of trees, and it had a small stream coming down from it. Crystal smiled to herself. 

She started unpacking just as the sun was going down. Before settling down, she had gone out hunting. As she was unpacking, the meat she caught was roasting on the fire. Unfurling the sleeping bag Steve had given her, she sat down and relaxed for a moment. She had a tarp he had also given her, in case it rained she could put it over her sleeping bag, but the stars were out and the night was clear. She decided not to put it up.

As the night went on, the fire slowly died down and Crystal slept peacefully before a howl woke her. She opened her eyes, but didn't sit up. Another howl split through the air, this time it sounded closer. Slowly, she sat up and looked around. From the dim fire light, she could see something moving just around the traps she had up. A twig snapped and she turned around to look at it. A wolf stopped just out of sight, but it's outline was just able to be seen. 

"Shoo" Crystal muttered, sinking back down into the sleeping bag. Wolves didn't worry her, not with the traps she set up. And they didn't usually attack without a cause. 

A wolf growled from closer. She groaned and sat up to look. It was right at the edge of the traps, and staring at her with glowing white eyes. 

"Wha-" Crystal's eyes widened and she quickly sat up again. The wolf looked around at the others in what she assumed was it's pack, before looking at her again. She stared at all of them trying not to shake. All their eyes were glowing white. 

"What's so scary? They wont hurt you" A voice said from behind her. Crystal turned around so fast she slipped and fell backwards. She stared up horrified. 

Herobrine grinned and stood next to the fire calmly, his hands held behind his back. Crystal could just stare. He couldn't be here, he shouldn't. It wasn't right!

"Calm down" Herobrine smiled "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just here to- collect you is all. Steve told me you'd probably come this way." He seemed calm, way to calm. 

Crystal's eyes widened even more. Slowly, he started walking towards her. She slid back until she was at the edge of the traps. The wolves snapped and growled on the other side. 

"I know you don't remember me" Herobrine continued "But I promise you don't need to be scared of me" 

"I remember you" Crystal said. She didn't know where her voice came from, or even if it was hers. It sounded more confident, and less scared. Herobrine looked at her surprised. 

"I don't remember everything" She continued. Slowly, she stood up and took a step forward. "But I know who you are. It doesn't change how I know you though" she said. Herobrine took a step back, obviously effected by her words.

"I want you to leave me alone" Crystal said more confidently. "I want you to leave Steve alone as well, and I want you to just let me live my life normally."

Time seemed to freeze. Neither moved, but the wolves kept growling and pacing around the traps. 

"No" He said. Crystal stopped shocked. 

"Wh-" she started but it died as she said it. His face was twisted in fury, and the fire was starting to get brighter. 

"No" He repeated, slowly and more calmly than was comfortable. "You don't know anything. You can't truly remember anything" He chuckled darkly. 

"Everything that's happened in the past few years was erased from your mind. Anything you remember, or think you remember, is a lie" He smiled coolly as he walked towards the fire. "there's a reason for that too."

Crystal shook her head and looked back at the traps. If she could find a way around them, and the wolves, maybe she could make a break for it. But she'd need to distract him too. A hand grabbed her shoulder, and she quickly turned back around. Herobrine stood right in front of her, still looking angry. 

"I'm not letting you go again" He said, and then the world shifted around them. Crystal gasped, and her vision started to go blur.

Before she passed out, she saw a flash of red, and a golden light with two silhouettes standing in it. Then everything went black.

-----

A/N only going to say one thing. Nothing political in the comments. What's done is done, please leave it at that.

Anyways! Hope you liked this one. I thought it'd be best to get an update out before thanksgiving *coughandmybirthdaycough* so people would have it and I wouldn't be stressed to get something out while being with my family.

Sooo... thanks for reading, voting, and having a good time!

SEE YA FOXES!