The Troubles of the Brothers

Walking around town seemed pretty good at first. She was able to blend into the crowd pretty easy but soon it was apparent she had gained some unwanted attention.

A group of three hooded figures was watching her from across the street. Their faces were in the shadows but she could make out a glint of silver coming out of one of the pockets.

Crystal hiked her small bag up her shoulder a but more and quickly turned the corner. Her instincts were telling her she should head home, nothing was safe out alone. But there was still so much left to do. So much to see, and this might be her only chance to do it too.

She ignored the voices in her head telling her to turn back and picked up the pace. the more ground she out between her and those- people? yea, they kinda looked like people. the more ground he out between her and them the better it would be.

She took another turn and stopped in awe. In the streets people were celebrating. There were people in big, multicolored costumes, people dancing on the sidewalks and in the street, and there were even some climbing the light posts to get to others who were already on the tops.

Music was blasting from the rooftops on the block. Rock, pop, everything. There was a different song from each of the thousands of radios but people didn't seem to mind. You couldnt hear it over the partying.

There was a shout from down the street and everyone stopped to look before it was picked up by the crowd. "Adeasa! Adeasa!"

The mysterious people were pushed out of her mind as she worked through the crowds. She smiled and kept walking with a free feeling fluttering in her chest.

The feeling quickly turned leaden as the sense of dread filled her. Something wasn't right. There was a golden shimmer from across the street and Crystal felt herself stumble. The people around her looked over at her briefly before going back to dancing like they didn't have a care in the world.

Crystal kept moving as she tried to shake the feeling. Maybe it was the guys from before? Yea, their knife probably scared her. especially since it didn't look like any knife she'd seen before. the blade was really long and skinny and the handle was almost like glass. they must've had it custom made by the style.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts. Dot get distracted, it'll slow you down and dull your senses. You'll have to think quick.
She nodded to herself as the old lesson emerged from her memories. She just had to remember what Steve had said after that. something about making a difficult track to follow and throw them off.

She snaked through the crowd, going into shops and cutting between groups. She went around blocks every now and then to try and throw anyone following her on foot off before walking in a straight line through the crowds.

----

Steve looked at the city. It was too bright for his taste and even that late at night people still lined the streets like it was mid-hour rush time. Herobrine stood next to him with a thoughtful look. He sighed and looked down at his paws. Being so close to the city and having so many people around he had thought it wouldnt be the best idea to be there looking- well, like himself. Instead he followed Steve as a wolf (yes, I really mean that. Dont judge meh :P)

"How are you going to find her in there?" He asked tilting his head to the side. "There's got to be a million people in there and she's probably got no memory of the place"

"I'll figure it out" Steve snapped back "She's not that hard to track back down" he started to walk towards the city again. Herobrine followed at a trot.

"If you help me too it'll go faster" Steve said as they walked in. Herobrine looked up at him.

"what are you getting at?" He asked.