CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
Alex had to contain herself when she felt someone yank her headphones out of her ears, leaving her hanging just as Tyler Joseph was about to scream in "goner."

"Who in the world do you think you are if you think its okay for you to remove my headphones?" Alex half-yelled, looking up at Tom who half-smiled at her before his expression returned to a blank one.

"Look, I need to tell you something," he said, making Alex chuckle.

"Are you finally going to tell me that you're gay?" she spoke. Tom waved his hand and denied, before he jerked back to his place before her and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Wait, how the fuck did you now?" Tom spoke, making Alex laugh loudly at his surprised expression.

"You're very obviously gay to me Tom, I just know you too well," Alex said, making Tom breathe out slowly before he sat down next to her and looked at her, eyes still wide. "Besides, I remember the way you looked at Richard - only someone in love could look at a person that way."

"Okay, so here I go, planning my big coming out moment, and you already know? God dammit woman, can I never be in the spotlight?"

Alex laughed at him, before turning on a more serious note. "You told your parents?"

"Yeah, they're fine with it. I mean, my dad did seem a bit upset first, but I know he'll come around. I'm just glad that it went so smooth," Tom said, making Alex nod and smile. She slung an arm around his shoulder, before they both stood up and began walking towards their next period.

"So, any reason in particular that you told me now?" Alex asked and wiggled her eyebrows at her friend who slapped her shoulder and laughed. She hoped greatly that Tom had something going on, since she knew he secretly wanted it even though he constantly denied his desire for a relationship.

"No, relax, I'm still completely yours Alex dearest," Tom mocked. "Though, are you still completely mine, or have you gotten over yourself by now so you and Jasper are back together?"

Alex sighed and rolled her eyes at her friend before looking down at her hands. "I'm not sure."

"What do you mean you're not sure?! Come on Alex, you're so damn straight forward at all times, how can you not be sure?"

"Tom, chill. I'm not sure because we almost kissed, notice the almost. Nothing has been talked about," Alex said with a dragged out sigh, making Tom roll his eyes.

"Oh come on, you're getting more action than I've had in years. Just go up to him, make out for a minute, take off your shirt and bam! Everything is back to normal," Tom said, making Alex chuckle before slapping his arm lightly.

"Shut up, you're making me cringe," she said making Tom roll his eyes with a smirk on his lips. "I'll talk to him later, okay?"

"Yeah, I just want to see my ship rise again from the bottom of the ocean. Don't let me wait," Tom said with a finger pointed towards Alex as she walked away from him, as he had biology while she had free period. Alex rolled her eyes again with a smirk on her lips. "And stop rolling your eyes, you're going to get stuck like that!"

Tom half-yelled the last part, causing Alex to automatically flip him off before turning around and walking down the hallway by herself. Or, that was the plan, but she quickly bumped into someone.

"Ah, shit," Alex muttered as she put her hand on her beating heart before she looked up at a smirking Cyrus.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to-"

"Wait, Cyrus, I have to talk to you."

"Alex, it's fine. I know what you're going to say, and I understand. It was wrong of me to try and make us something more, so I guess I just want to say sorry for trying to kiss you," Cyrus said while scratching his neck. Alex shook her head.