CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"Yo Taylor, where the hell have you been ginger?" Tom said as Alex walked into the English classroom, looking apologetically at the teacher who just sighed and wrote her up as present. She was only ten minutes late luckily.

"Sorry friends, forgot the time," she said with a fake smile on her face, sitting down in the bench next to Rebecca and in front of Tom, who sat next to some random guy in the row before them.

"What were you doing anyways?" Becca said, looking down at the paper in front of her. Alex sighed, feeling so many emotions at the same time. It was so bittersweet, the whole situation made her head spin. She felt giddy and spectacular, at the same time she felt like she'd just embarassed herself majorly with her actions. 

"Nothing special," Alex said, trying to cover her actual feelings while reading the sentences on the paper in front of her that were to be corrected. She sighed, bored already. She looked to her right to see Becca staring at her intently, narrowed eyes.

"You're lying, it looks like you're about to fucking cry Alex. What the hell happened?" she said, furrowing her eyebrows. Alex tried to laugh it off as if she had no idea what the girl was talking about, but something in her broke when she was faced with the confrontation.

"I don't want to talk about it right now, please," the redhead murmured, making Tom and Becca exchange a glance.

"Movie night?" Tom said, making Alex look up. It'd been a while since the last time the gang got together, so she nodded. Becca started clapping her hands in excitement, and Tom fistpumped.

"Do you want Isaac over or...?" Becca then asked, making Alex think for a moment. She then shook her head no, as she thought it would be plain out rude to invite the boy who apparently was in love with her as she was to talk about her kissing session with someone else. "Good, I still think he's a douchebag."

Tom started to giggle like a little schoolgirl at the statement, before returning to his work as his partner started to tug at his sleeve for help. Alex and Becca did the same, although the redhead didn't really focus as her mind went back to the previous events every fifth second. She sighed, before zoning out completely.

o

"So, I've got 'Fight club', Smirnoff, three pounds of candy and a mood for gossip, where do we start?" Tom said as he sat down on the floor of Alex's room. Becca joined him, popping a colorful candy in her mouth and looking at Alex. The redhead sighed, before sitting down with them.

"I suppose we should get the gossip out of the way first, huh?" she said, making both Tom and Becca squeal and clap their hands. Alex flipped them off while laughing. That was something at least, her friend's ability to make her happy, always.

"But first," Alex said, making the two groan. "How did you get hold of this?" she said, holding up the bottle of vodka he'd mentioned earlier. Tom smirked.

"Did you actually go to that dealer by yourself Tom? Are you crazy? He's freaking terrifying!" Rebecca exclaimed, making Tom look proud.

"Anything for my family," he said as he slung his arms around the two of them, making them laugh as a group hug erupted. Alex felt the love that flowed between the three of them and felt like her overwhelming emotions were drowning her as the first tear slid down her cheek.

When they finally separated and they saw her their eyebrows furrowed. "Okay, I think it's time for some heavy shit," Tom muttered as he moved to sit behind her, making her lean into him to offer some comfort.

Alex then realized how hard it would be to explain everything without telling them what Jasper was, but she began anyways. "You were right you know," she said while looking at Becca. "I do like Jasper, hell, I might even love him. I've known for quite some time."