Chapter 19 - Promise Of Protection

Start from the beginning

"He can sleep on her bed," Blaze challenged, looking Rana square in the eye.

"Okay," Rana didn't question, walking away.

Everyone looked at Blaze, "Your motives..."

"I'd rather not, that's a bit awkward," Alex looks uncomfortable.

"You will and you have no choice in the matter!!!" Blaze's body goes aflame, towering over Alex. By that I mean Jasper was literally holding her up in the air, with an expression that said, 'Do you see all the crap I have to put up with?'

"Fine," Alex said quickly, looking away.

"Anyway it's time to go to bed," Blaze was determined to get her ship going.

"It's not even remotely dark," Jasper argues. "It's only like five in the afternoon." Blaze gave him a look that meant she was up to nothing but trouble.

-------------6 Hours Later-------------

"Alright it's dark now, I've been staring at the sky for hours now and it's finally dark!" Blaze pushed Alex and I into my room and shut the door behind us.

Alex and I look at each other and blush slightly. "I'm sorry about her," I say. Blaze had literally made us sit there with her for six hours, watching the sky.

"She always like that?"He asked.

"You get used to it," I answered.

Alex's POV

I walked over to her bed and crawled under the covers. It was already awkward enough, I'm going to make this as natural as possible.

Sachiko turned off the lights and shuffles over and climbs in as well, blushing madly. She left a huge gap between us. Had she moved one more inch back, and she would've probably fallen off. I rolled my eyes, grabbing her arm to pull her a little closer. "Calm down and you might actually fall asleep," I muttered. She nodded, closing her eyes, as did I.

Eventually she fell asleep. I opened my eyes to find that she had moved back to her original position.  I lightly grabbed her waist pulling her close again. For some reason I felt safe when she was near. I pulled her to my chest as she subconsciously snuggled even closer, placing her hand on my chest. I smiled, this is the first person I've been able to trust since my parents died. My first friend in a long time. It's also the first time I'll be able to sleep peacefully.

-------Next Morning--------

I woke to find Sachiko watching me. "Do you always watch people?" I asked, amused.

She jumped, "No! I swear I wasn't!"

"I literally just saw you," I said.

"But I wasn't!" By now her face had a horrified expression, and I couldn't help myself,  so I started to laugh. She was confused at first, but joined in.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get so close to you in the middle of the night," she apologized.

"No it's fine, best night I've had in a long while," I give her a look, letting her see the vulnerability in my eyes.