Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Good," I say as her eyes snap up to meet mine. "Because you are perfect, and you deserve nothing less Bai," I express.

Before I know it her arms are around my neck as she pulls me into her fluffed and curled hair tightly.

"I've missed you so much Gray," she says with tears laced in her voice.

I clutch onto her just as tightly. "I will never not tell you anything again Bai," I state. "And Hayley and I might be close, but she will never be you," I emphasize." And I don't want her to be because you are my sister and you are amazing."

"I love you Gray," she says pulling me in tighter if that's even possible.

"Love you more Bai," I respond.

* * * * *

"DRINK!" Hayley shouts over the loud music at the bar as we all down our tequila shots. My throat burns from the liquor, but the juice of the lime bursts through my taste buds and soothes the fire in my throat.

I giggle with the lime in my mouth as all the ladies cheer with victory for taking their shots like champs.

Bailey stumbles over with her bedazzled sash and flashing penis crown, and falls into me as she gives me a big hug. "Let's do more shots," she mumbles as her words slur slightly.

I shake my head as a smile lifts the edges of my lips. I push her up so that she is facing me and make sure her eyes meet mine. I can always tell how drunk Bailey is by how glazed over her eyes are in that moment. And by the state of her big blue eyes now she's right on the verge of throwing up.

"How about you drink some water and then dance some first," I tell her. "And then we can have more shots, deal?" I ask as a smile coats my lips.

Her head bobs in agreement as I grab one of my glasses of water from earlier off of the bar, and hand it to my sister. I make her down the whole glass before I hand her off to one of her friends from school, and they start dancing like their life depends on it.

Every single set of male eyes is on my sister, her friends, and Hayley. They watch eagerly as my hot friends run their hands down their bodies and shake their asses like it's their job. But as my eyes flick to the side there are just one pair of jungle green eyes that are locked on me and me only.

I walk over to Max and slide right between his bent legs as he sits on a stool at a small table. His eyes watch me carefully as I slowly bite my bottom lip and begin to drag my nails lightly across his jean-clad thighs. I lean in to place a small kiss at the corner of his pink lips, lingering just enough to feel his mouth smile from under mine. He smells incredible and I can't help but want him even more.

"You're drunk," he sings as I pull back so that our noses graze each other.

"I'm the perfect drunk," I counter with a smirk and another graze of my nails. I can see his green eyes turn darker as his hands snake their way around my waist.

"I'm not sure there really is a perfect drunk," he plays as his hands flex and tighten around my waist making me fall between his legs even more. With his body flush against mine I can really feel how much he wants me at this moment, and it makes me feel wild with this sudden need.

"Oh, there is," I confirm as my lips brush his.

A small groan leaves his lips as my body brushes up against his in the most delicious of places. "Do you want me?" I question teasingly.

"More than anything," he answers immediately as one of his hands drop to push behind the fabric of the skirt of my dress. His thumb brushes against my bare skin causing me to let out a small involuntary whimper.