Chapter Fourteen

6/5/15

6/5/15

"IS EVERYONE READY?" I ask as I grab the keys for Bailey's car off of the counter.

Bailey nods along with Kylie and Chase, and Cale mumbles an answer I don't care to hear. I haven't talked to Cale at all since before my date with Max and I'm okay with it. My date with Max was perfect, and when I'm with him I forget about the part of my heart that is missing because of Cale.

"Awesome," I say. Kylie tosses me a thumbs-up, and I toss her beach towel at her.

"Perfect! Let's head out." Bailey waves at us as she heads towards the door.

We all follow Bailey out the front door. I hand her keys to her before we all slide our ways into Bailey's jeep. I end up in the middle seat, which I hate but I make no comment. Today is about having fun and not complaining about the little things. Kylie and Chase squeeze in next to me. "Glad none of you have hideous body odor," I mumble.

Kylie is the only one who hears me as she laughs, though others might of heard me but just decided to ignore my snide remark.

Bailey pulls out of the driveway and starts off towards the highway. We decided to head towards a more popular beach about an hour away from Easton for the day. Easton's beaches are beautiful of course, but we wanted a younger crowd to hang out with.

"So Bailey, give me the details," Kylie starts. I look at her puzzled as to what she is getting at. "Because Grayson won't tell me about her date with Max," she finishes. I roll my eyes at her and sit back in my seat continuing to be squished between Chase and Kylie.

Bailey laughs. "Like she would tell me. She hasn't given me any details either besides the fact that they kissed and it was good." I stiffen slightly at my sister's words, but don't react any further or look at Cale.

I don't care about his reaction to her words, I don't.

"Ohhh you kissed..." Chase teases me as he elbows me in the side.

I shove back at him in response. "Shut up loser," I mumble.

"So?" Kylie questions.

I raise my eyebrows. "What?" I ask.

She waves her hands eagerly. "Come on I want the details!" She exclaims. "Are you going to go on another date with Max?"

I shrug. "Maybe." And it was the truth. I might go on another date with him, but he hasn't asked yet. We've texted a little bit back and forth since the date but nothing crazy. It's not like I'm planning my wedding to Max like everyone else is already. He is nice and funny, but that doesn't mean he's the one.

"Ugh, you are the worst at girl talk Gray," Kylie grunts as she sits back in her seat giving up on me.

"Tell me about it," Bailey laughs.