Chapter 8

The boat was docked and the men started to take most of the gear off the ship. A few brave men were charged with getting both Astrid and Hiccup unchained. It was a lot harder than it sounded because both Hiccup and Astrid would kick and bite at the soldiers whenever they got near them.

Drago watched from his perch that was near the steering wheel. He watched as his men tried to unchain the two. They were able to do the ankles but because of that the men were getting kicked. Drago chuckled at their attempt as he saw more men come with rope and poles to try and help.

Drago heard what sounded like footsteps that belonged to two different people, but he had an idea of who it was. He didn't turn away from his amusement as he heard one of them speak.

"What do you want the men to do with them?" Asked Scurvy. He too looked in amusement as his men struggled with the lovers.

"Take everything they have. Weapons, armor, clothes. All of it. I want to know why these dragons like these two so much" Drago told the men which left the general in confusion.

Eret had an idea of what Drago meant. As a Hunter, Eret knew that animals had different intakes to smells. That's why Eret and his men would cover themselves in dirt, mud, or anything that would cover their human smell. "And should we...put them together or separate"

"Separate" Drago watched as the soldiers held the two with poles and took the last of the chain off before placing handcuffs on the girl's and boy's wrists behind their backs. "Wouldn't want any, unexpected, arrivals"

Both men chuckled at their master's comment and went right to work in delivering orders to the soldiers. Drago watched in amusement as his prisoners tried to struggle as they were dragged away.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hiccup snapped and tried to bite and pull away from his captures, who were dragging him down the poorly lit hallway towards the dudgeons. Hiccup was dressed in a raggedy green shirt and tan pants. He had no shoes on and was upset by not only the whole ordeal but was extremely worried about Astrid and Toothless.

The men had finally dragged Hiccup to their finally destination as one guard opened the iron barred door to a dark cell. The men quickly took off the cuffs and pushed him in.

Hiccup was ruffled pushed in and he fell to the dirt, stones, and hay ground. He got up and quickly ran to the door but it was slammed shut when he reached it. Pressing his body against the door, he glared darkly at the men before growling. He watched as the men chuckled at him before turning away to leave.

Hiccup watched them go before he gave a hard push on the door to make a loud banging sound in frustration. He looked down for only a second to only spring back up again when he heard some shouting down the hall. Hiccup tried to get a better look at the new arrivals and saw who they were when they came closer. It was a few of the guards who were dragging Astrid down the hall.

The guards did the same thing with Astrid and shoved her into the cell. "Get in there and be quiet." Once the door slammed shut the guard let out a sigh before turning to look at his partners. "Man, she's like a banshee"

Astrid let out a frustrated kick to the door as she watched the guards leave. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Astrid sat against the iron metal barred wall that lined both hers and Hiccup's cell. Hiccup sat along the wall as well. The boy took a closer look at Astrid. She was angry and upset. Her Viking outfit was replaced with a ragged long shirt with some pants that showed off her ankles. Unlike Hiccup she was allowed to wear boots.

"You okay?" Hiccup asked the defeated girl.

Astrid leaned into the barred wall as she looked at Hiccup through the small square holes. "Tired and angry. What happen to you?"