Birthday Party Part 1

Alec POV

Rose was pouting because I wouldn't tell her where we were going. I wanted to make today special for her because she's never had an actual birthday. I know she says she's fine, but she wasn't fooling me. She rarely smiles and when she does it never reaches her eyes. I wish I could tell her she's my mate but Aro made me promise to wait till she's older. For now she's my best friend and I would do anything to protect her.

**Time Skip**

Rose POV

Finally after an hour he pulled into the parking lot at the mall. He helped me out of the car and we walked into the mall. He told me to pick out a nice dress for later. As we walked into the first store I couldn't help but wonder what he had planned.

After awhile of looking through dresses I found one I liked. It was a black dress with sheer lace on the front and sleeves with a low cut back. I showed it to Alec and he simply nodded. I then set off to find shoes and jewelry to go with it. I picked out a pair of black lace up ankle heels. For jewelry I decided to wear the heart locket Alec got me.

We paid for the stuff and then headed back to the car. The car ride back was uncomfortably silent. Alec kept his eyes on the road not looking at me once. We arrived at the castle and I quickly got out saying I was going to get ready before speeding to my room.  After taking a quick shower I started doing my hair. I curled it lightly letting it fall in soft curls down my back. I pinned half of it up with a crescent moon hair pin Alec got me. I then did my makeup which consisted of a black smokey eye and a dark red lipstick. I put on my dress and then slipped on my heels and the heart locket and then waited for Alec like he told me to.

After about 15 minutes there was a light knock on the door I smiled and opened it. Alec's breathtaking smile greeted me. He took my hand and led me to the throne room. He opened the door for me and I was greeted with my family and other covens. I smiled widely and hugged Alec, I couldn't believe he had planned everything.

"Rosalice my dear! Happy birthday!"  Uncle Aro said gleefully. I smiled and hugged him. Next was Uncle Marcus , "Happy birthday my dear!" He said pinching my cheeks I giggled and glared at him. In which he chuckled and ruffled my hair. Then came my father Caius he looked at me sadly. "My little girls growing up!" He said tearing up. I laughed and hugged him tightly. Then I was jumped by Jane, Santiago, Felix, and Demetri causing me to fall. We laughed before helping each other up and hugging. This was my family and I was grateful to have them.