Chapter 2~ Why Me?

~2 weeks later~
I was sitting in the basement shaking. I was very weak, since I haven't eaten in about two weeks. Edward, he wasn't my father and he never would be, would come down every other day to beat me or yell at me. Yesterday I tried running away, but he caught me and almost beat me to death. I wish he had just killed me. I don't see the point in living if my family wants me dead. I couldn't really move because he had broken almost every bone in my body. I would have been healed by now if I had feed on blood but I haven't since I was born.

I heard movement out side and started panicking silently. Maybe Edward came back to finish the job. I just hoped he'd make it quick and painless. I heard the metal door slam shut and I started whimpering. I shut my eyes tightly as I started shaking and crying.

Renesmee's POV

I was sitting on the couch watching tv with Jacob. The rest of my family was out hunting. Seth and Leah were patrolling the area and would be back soon.

Suddenly I got the urge to go downstairs into the basement. I didn't understand why though, it was like my body started moving on its own. I didn't even realize I was walking till I got to the door.

I opened the door and slowly walked down the stairs. What I saw made me gasp in shock. There was a girl who looked to be around 8 years old. While I look 5 years old. She had long blonde hair. Her hair was tangled and dirty. She was curled up in a corner whimpering and shaking. Her eyes were full of fear, as her head shot up and started at me. That's when I noticed her eyes. They were pitch black. Which meant she hadn't fed in a long time.

"Hi, my names Renesmee," when I said that she gasped in shock. "What's your name?"  I asked her.

"I-I d-don't h-h-have a name." She stuttered out in a small voice. It sounded as if she were in pain. That's when I noticed she was covered in cuts and bruises.

"OMG!!! Are you okay??" I asked as I rushed towards her. She tried to jump back, but since she was already up against the wall she slammed into to the wall. "It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." I told her gently.  

I stuck my hand out to help her up. She started at it for awhile, as if she was trying to decide if I was going to hurt her. Then she carefully put her hand in mine. I pulled her up but she immediately cried out in pain and fell to the floor.

"What's wrong??"  I asked worry filling my voice. She shook her head and continued whimpering.

"Jake!!" I yelled, fear clear in my voice. I had no idea what was wrong with this mystery girl or who she was. But I felt a weird connection to her. I had a strong urge to protect her and keep her safe.

Authors Note

Omg!! I'm soooo sorry I took so long to update. I wanted to have it up before New Years but I got really sick and then my internet was being stupid and wouldn't work. So it was really frustrating. Anyways Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I know it's late but. I sorry for the cliffhanger but I had to end somewhere. Tell me what you think of this chapter.