Chapter 4

Unnamed Twin's POV

I woke up and I immediately realized I wasn't in the basement. I looked around utterly confused. Soon the memories came flooding back and I started panicking. I slowly stood up wobbling slightly. I quickly regained my balance and noticed a full length mirror on the wall by the door. Out of curiosity  I walked over to the mirror, stopping when I was about a foot in front of it. I was wearing an over-sized white shirt that came to my mid-thigh. My skin was covered in cuts, bruises, scars, and dirt. My blonde hair, which was a tangled mess, stopped just above my waist. Then I noticed my eyes, they were a dull black with specks of blue. They looked dead and emotionless. I looked to be about 12 years old, I was pretty short for a 12 year old though. I was 4'9.

I was bought back to reality by the door creaking loudly. I froze thinking it was Him. I closed my eyes and looked down waiting for the first blow to  come, when it didn't I looked up slowly. I saw a girl that looked somewhat familiar. She was a couple inches taller than I was. She looked almost pixie like with her small frame and short cropped black hair. She hesitantly took a step towards me, I stepped back quickly turning away from her.

"It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." she said gently stepping closer to me. I looked up slowly and saw pity and sorrow in her topaz eyes. She looked like she wanted to help me.  I nodded my head and let her take my arm and guide me out the door and down the hall.  She lead me into the bathroom where another girl was waiting. She had long blonde hair, topaz eyes, and very pale skin.It was an unhealthy pale like mine was though. The girl smiled at me and motioned that the bath was ready. They helped me undress and get into the bath. I tried my best not to whimper as the soap burned my unhealed cuts. I looked up and noticed that they were both staring at me with sad filled eyes. I looked down and self-consciously tried to cover up my scars.

"Who did this to you?" The blonde girl asked angrily. I whimpered and shrank back afraid that she would hit me. Her face softened. "I'm sorry! I'm not mad at you, I'm just angry at whoever did this to you..." she trailed off not knowing my name.

I looked down sadly trying not to cry. "What's your name sweetie? I'm sorry." the blonde girl asked kindly. "I-I d-d-don't ha-ave a n-na-me." I stuttered out quickly. "Okay? Ummm we can figure that out later. Okay?" Not trusting my voice I nodded slowly.

After my bath they brushed out my hair leaving down. The pixie one helped me get dressed in a black dress and slip on shoes. It took a lot of effort to get me into the dress but I finally let her. She smiled at me and took my hand leading me downstairs.