Meeting the Alpha

Start from the beginning

                I was stood there looking at the photo with the tears slowly steaming down my face. I wasn’t crying loudly but I could feel the sobs that were threatening to escape. Everything here reminds me of what I could have had. Everything that I want.

                “Are you crying?” I heard Xander asked.

                I jumped slightly before placing the photo frame back down and quickly wiped the tears away from my face. I knew it was no use trying to hide it because my eyes would be red and slightly puffy by now. I calmed myself before turning around trying to weakly smile. I turned and my eyes immediately locked with Xander’s He looked at me curiously.

                I cleared my throat in case I would have to talk. I moved carefully around and sat on the edge of the bed not answering his question. I put my head back down so I wouldn’t have to look in his eyes and two so I wouldn’t drool over his still bare chest. I knelt down in front of me and placed a box next to me on the bed and then a bowl of water on the floor beside him with a cloth in it. I looked to the box and saw it was a first aid kit.

                He took hold of my hands gently which made me gasp at the feeling it send shooting through me. He held my hands gently before turning them so the palms were facing upwards. He held one hand while he used his other to grab the cloth wring it out of excess water before dabbing it gently down on my cut hand he was holding. I hissed in pain as he pressed down against my cut.

                “Sorry,” He mumbled.

                Before he placed the cloth back into the bowl and cleaned it of blood before repeating the process on both hands until they were finally clean of dirt. He then went into the first aid kit and brought out disinfectant spray and sprayed my hands before quickly wrapping them in bandages to keep it from getting worse before the last part of the healing process takes place.

                Once Xander was finished he quickly moved away from me and took the first aid kit and bowl away. I placed my hands on together and fiddled with my fingers. I kept my head down with my hair falling across my face. I remained like that until I heard Xander walk in again. I noticed he sat across from me on a leather sofa.

                I guess it was time for my questioning.

                “What is your name?” He asked.

                “Jennifer Holly Turner,”

                “Why are you here? Why did you come?” Xander asked me, with uncertainty in his voice.

                “I came to warn you. My father was planning a surprise attack for tomorrow night or well tonight. I don’t think he will attack once he finds me missing,” I spoke, quietly.

                He was silent for a minute.