Argent: Achlys Archimedii [@lyssa_x]

Name: Achlys Archimedii (ACK-liss, AR-ker-MI-dee-eye)

Age: 22

Sex: Female

Sector: Argent

Status: Full-time aeronautics engineer, unofficial part-time astrophysicist

Appearance: The first thing one would notice, without a flicker of doubt, would be her stark, white highlights. Her burning passion for stars and astronomy inspired this look, and the bold streaks among her short bob of midnight black hair have raised more than a few eyebrows. When speaking about her passions or her latest dabble in an invention, her jet black eyes sparkle with flecks of silver. Her small hands plus nimble fingers allow her to pick up the smallest parts and tools without much difficulty, making it easy for her to fix what most can't reach, and add a small comet etch in each of her inventions; a signature of sorts. Standing at a fairly short height of 4 feet 9 inches, this only adds to her overall petite figure. Thus, her line of sight is forever filled with the shoulders of her taller peers. However, she claims that her height is a result of strategic human evolution to prepare for the oncoming apocalypse, where bunkers will be too small for anyone above 5 feet (if the Queen doesn't kill them all first).

Personality: If you ask someone to describe Achlys in one word, it would be...eccentric. If said person was extremely polite and never wanted to harm a soul that is. Even in her own sector, where inventions and creative innovation thrive, she is considered strange by most, crazy even. Fueled by her inexhaustible thirst for knowledge of the celestial bodies since she was six, she has garnered extensive knowledge on said topic, perhaps even to the extent of obsessed. She is literally a walking encyclopaedia on astronomy. However, perhaps it is because of this uncommon obsession that she is avoided by most. Add to the fact she is a remarkable designer and engineer, successfully creating incredible and functioning prototypes of rocket engines and revolutionary aerodynamic designs. Maybe its jealousy, maybe its fear, or just plain discomfort about her innovations, Achlys is sadly shunned by a majority of the scientific community in her home sector as 'an unrealistic dreamer'. This has not dimmed her spirits in the slightest, but it significantly damaged her self-esteem after being repeatedly ignored and criticised. There have even been a few cases where others had taken credit for her work, chipping away what little esteem she had left. She is much less talkative compared to her younger years due to this, but happily blurts pages of star-related information to anyone willing to listen.

Nonetheless, she is a kind optimist at heart. Knowing what it feels like to be shunned and dismissed, she eagerly lends a hand to anyone needing it. She still pursues her aspirations with spirit and determination, and that is something she is certain she will never let go. A dream of hers is that she can one day look at an actual flaming star without the blur of the Earth's atmosphere.

Role of Rebellion: Achlys is a genius in terms of aeronautics, proved by her sadly unrecognized yet unrivaled engine designs. She's a decent pilot too, as she frequently tests her own work. She's an important asset to the Nixes' in terms of transportation engineering. She applies modified aeronautic designs to the ground vehicles, which increase the speed and maximum load weight of the vehicle spectacularly when done correctly. She also adds in the secret compartments on the vehicle. Nothing a little reading and crash testing won't help, she says when questioned if her aeronautic expertise is suitable for the cars. Besides, who would expect a katana to be hidden between the door padding?

Background: Achlys had a decent and happy childhood. Nothing too scarring, nothing too extravagant. Born and raised in Argent, her test showed positive results for her home sector, and she couldn't be happier. It was in her teenage years that her passion truly began to bloom and expand. However, this was also when the stigmatisation started. What started as a peculiar interest to most became outward rejection. Her soul hadn't fully hardened then, and the constant disapproving looks definitely threatened to extinguish it. However, her parents were the ones who pushed her to keep pursuing her dream, never caring what society thought of them. They viewed her passion as a marvelous interest, and encouraged it endlessly. Though both loved watching their beloved daughter grow and learn, it was her father that really lit her inspiration to go on this path. He would help her on her research, fix her telescope which frequently broke from overuse, and overall guide her. One of Achlys's most prized possessions include a small leather bound notebook her father gave her before he passed away. She uses it to this very day, tracking all her records and findings within it.

Although both her parents are now gone, Achlys remembers them with fond memories, visiting their graves with a fresh batch of flowers everyday.

Weapon of choice: Achlys is more the defensive type that rather not kill anyone. In other words, she isn't the type to straight up shoot someone in the head, but give her a light blade and she'll scratch the hell out of you.

Token: Her precious leather notebook and a copper necklace with an intricately carved charm the shape of a shooting star. Her parents gave it to her for her eighth birthday. The charm was personally carved and welded by her father.