Chapter 8

I don't know where the hell I'm going but I need somewhere to clear my head. I just feel so disabled over this whole situation. Am I not supposed to have a lover or something? Breaunna has a bad taste in men. Well, let me take that back, she doesn't know them, she just know that they be fine as hell. I honestly thought Derrick was different, true and real. But look at my dumbass. I'm so foolish for thinking I can actually find my soul mate online. On damn BlackPeopleMeet.com. I'm so gullible it doesn't make since. I guess having everything go my way since I was a little girl did this to me. Once I left my parents roof, it became a whole different ball game. Starting with boys. After getting some ice cream from Cold Stone, I took myself to Piedmont Park. I love this place. Has food every fucking where, and booths where people sell their shit. I'm not too fond of the big population, but I love the jazz concerts they put on in the big field. I looked over at the lake where ducks stay at 24/7, to the benches by the lake.....this is exactly where I need to be. Today was a good day to come too. The Jazz Fest and they have a laser show later on tonight. I went to the funnel cake booth and bought me some and walked back over to the lake.

"Man, my love life is seriously fucked up." I mumbled to myself.

So you think you know how to love a woman.
Well I think it's still some things you need to know.

My phone rang 'So you think you know how to love a woman' by Mary J. Blidge featuring Béyonce. I took a glance at the caller ID

Derrick....

Ugh not the time. I was just now starting to get a little calm. I just let it ring and it eventually stopped ringing. It beeped, signaling I had a voicemail.....from guess who guys?!

"DERRICK" or Bahja I must say.

I changed the name to Bahja since Derrick doesn't motherfreaking exist. I clicked 'listen to voicemail.'

"Hey ummm.... Zonnique. It's Bahja. Look....I'm sorry for lying to you. I just.....I just....okay there's no excuse for what I did. I was wrong for leading you on. I didn't want to lie to you from the start but it was already done and I was already liking you. I couldn't just come up with the 'oh yeah I forgot to tell you, imma girl.' I felt as if it was already too late. I'm so so so sorry. I don't wanna loose you. Ummm I just wanna talk to you....hold you...be there for you. Just let me. I didn't lie about nothing but my gender. Everything else was true. I love playing video games, I love hanging with my sisters more so than my brother...I love shopping and making people laugh. That's who I am.....the only think I told you that wasn't me is the fact that I was a male. I don't have a big 9 inch dick. But from what I heard I had hella good pussy." She chuckled then sighed hard..... "Zonnique I'm just terribly sorry." She started crying. "I'm sorry just call me back once you get this message. Please." She paused for awhile. "I-I love you.....bye."

I absolutely had no words. That voicemail just made me want to forgive her right then and there. I'll just invite her over here so we can have a talk. Sigh. Lord help me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bahja." I tried to smile a little.

"Hey Zonnique. Look I'm sor--"

"Shhh...just come over here to Piedmont Park, and meet me by the north side of the lake.

"I'm on my way. Give me about half an hour."

"Hurry cause uhhh.....The Jazz fest starts at 6." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Aight I'll be there."

"Okay bye."

"Wait! Zonnique?"

"Huh?"

"Thank you."

"......Your welcome. See you later."

Since Bahja wouldn't be here til about 30 minutes, I decided to spare time by walking around and checking out more booths. I passed this Caribbean booth and seen all this antique jewelry. They were nice but not my style.

5:45 PM.

I decided to head back to the lake to wait for Bahja. Lord knows I'm nervous. I'm amazingly shy, I don't know why....but I am. It's warm as hell out here and it feels great. Perfect weather to be outside. It's getting a little dim outside tho, the sun has been setting slowly and I've been outside to watch it do so.

"Zonnique..."
I turned around to see Bahja. She had on some overall shorts with a aqua blue tight crop top on. Wow, I didn't notice she had a belly ring...AND ABS?! Well damn. If I was up to it, she probably could turn me out.

"Hey Bahja."

She came up to me and hugged me, I hugged back and she just did not let me go.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered in my neck.

"I forgive you....it was too good to be true anyways. So who was the guy in the profile picture?" We sat down on the bench, watching the ducks play in the water.

"My brother Issa...you met him earlier. That was him. Him and his girlfriend actually came along but I don't know where them two love birds went."

I chuckled playing with my hands.

"Hey Zonnique. Look I know your not lesbian are whatever but.....can I take you out on a date.? I promise you I can treat you right. Just let me do that much." She grabbed my hand and placed them with hers.

"Please." She whispered.

I shook my head "no". She looked a little hurt but I know and she should know that I'm not with the swirl.

"But--"

"Come on Bahj....the Jazz show is about to start."

She sighed and stood up and walked away.

"Umm hello?"

"What?" She stopped and turned around.

"Aren't you gonna walk with me?" I asked.

"What's the point? We are basically just friends."

"So...friends still walk together."

I walked up to her and she grabbed my hand.

"Uhh." I looked down.

"What? Friends hold hands too." She smiled.

I chuckled and nodded as well. "You right."

We walked towards the big huge field hand in hand.

"Wait wait wait. I'm hungry as hell, I ain't eat all day worried about yo ass."

"Alright imma look for us a spot."

"Aight." She headed towards the Philly Steak booth and waited in line.

Wow. I'm sorry y'all but, Bahjas ass is so fucking fat. I don't mean it in like, 'I wanna tap that ass' way. I mean as in a 'I wish my ass was like that' way.

Walking towards the field I spot Bahjas brother...Issa I think and his girlfriend, she's pretty. Since I kinda embarrassed myself earlier, I'm not going over there without Bahja by my side. So I just looked for a spot afar. I looked back and seen Bahja conversating with some chick. She was real light skinned. You can tell she's mixed with white and black but mostly white traits by her skin and hair. Her hair was silky and curly. She had nice greenish eyes and she was about Bahja's height and slim. Her and Bahja are real deep into their convo. Hmm. Bahja's feeling her. I can tell. They just giggling and shit. The mixed girl just fucking whispered in Bahja's ear and she just biting her lip and allat. Not needed. I walked over there hoping to make that girl "think" we have something going on.

"Hey umm I see your brother and them. You wanna sit by them?" I pretended like I didn't see the girl.

"Oh...umm sure. I guess. Oh by the way. Zonnique this is Ciara. Ciara this is Zonnique. Ciara was a formal friend of mine before she left me for Texas." Bahja laughed.

"Are you?? Bahja's girlfriend or??? Cause if you didn't know...Bahja's a gay ass motherfucker." Ciara laughed as Bahja laughed along.

"Nah, she'on role like dat. Can't say I didn't try to get at that. But we just friends. That's it."

"Aight, in that case. I'm finishing up moving in Atlanta right now. Maybe tomorrow we can hang out. I mean damn, Bahja you grew up over the years and you sexy as hell. I needa holla. Zonnique your missing out. Your gonna wish you ain't give it up. Haha so would you go out with me?"

Please say no. Say no. Say no.

"Umm you see I'm still in love with a girl that I disappointed." She quick glanced at me. "Soo umm. I'm not healing yet cause I want her so bad. So jus bare with me. So umm I'll think about it okay? Just gimme your number."

"I completely understand." She grabbed Bahja's phone and put her number in.

Wow....

"You wanna join us?" Bahja asked.

I looked at her trying to do a signal
"No." I bulged my eyes out and moved them left and right while slightly shaking my head.

"I would love too, but the people I came with are waiting for me. But call me sexy." She walked off.

"Oh I will." She laughed. "Man she's so bad." She said to herself.

I rolled my eyes.

COMMENT!! VOTE