11. letters

Sunday October 3rd, 1990

Michel'le,

"Good morning Chel'le." The mail man greeted me.

I smiled. "Morning, any mail for me today?"

"Yep you got about 3 letters." He told me.

"From who?" I asked confused.

"I don't know but it said it was from Compton city jail on the envelope.''

*sighs* Why won't he just leave me alone?

''Alright thank you have a nice day Mr. postman.'' I winked.

He chuckled. ''You too sweetie.'' He said before walking off.

After that I grabbed the letters out of the mailbox and went back inside.

I opened the first one and started reading it.

Dear Chel'le,

Baby I'm sorry about what happened when you came to see me. I didn't mean to go off like that I was just upset because I missed you so much and it's fucked up how you just walked out on a nigga like that.

I know you tired of me and my shit but baby I just want one more chance to change and show you how sorry I really am. All I need is one more chance and I promise you when I get outta here Imma be there for you and Drea.

Sincerely,

-Andre

Now I could see if he did something small but after everything he did I honestly don't even want him back, yes I still love him but that don't mean I'm taking him back.

He had his chance to be with me and treat me right but he was too busy fucking around with other bitches and beating on me for no reason. I'm tired of his bullshit and I'm done being his punching bag.

Those days are over and I'm not going back.

Now it's time to open letter two.

Dear Chel'le baby,

I'm sorry for everything that I've done and I just want you to come see me again. Baby I know you still mad at me but all I can do is say sorry right? Holding a grudge against me ain't gonna change shit Chel'le. That's gonna make you miserable and baby you and I both know you don't want that.

I know you probably don't wanna see me but I just want you to know that I'm gonna keep on writing you until you write me back. Imma be pissed the fuck off if you don't fuckin write me back and when I get outta here imma come find yo ass. It's yo fuckin choice Chel'le.

Sincerely,

-Dre

Did this nigga really send me a threat letter? I was actually gonna write his ass back too but since he wanna threaten me I'm not writing shit.

I'm not even worried because imma be long gone by the time his dumb ass gets outta jail so fuck him.

Eric,

''So how you holding up mane?'' I asked his crazy ass.

He sighed. ''Not good man.''

''You know Chel'le called me and told me that cho ass went off on her when she came to see you, fuck you do that for mane?!'' I semi yelled.

''Cause she called me whack!'' He semi yelled back.

I sucked my teeth. ''And that's why yo ass went off like that? You really think that shit was necessary Dre?''