5. I can't get away

Sunday January 15th, 1990

Michel'le,

I shifted my tired eyes over to the clock and it said 8:00 a.m. I looked over at Dre and he was still sleeping so I got out of bed and started packing some of my things. I really need to get away from him before he ends up killing me and my baby. I'm not afraid of Dre but then again I am because he's so two faced and that really scares me, he's a different person every day and I just can't have that around my baby.

After I had packed most of my clothes I grabbed my car keys, put on my jacket, slipped on my shoes, grabbed my suitcase and rushed out the door.

When I got outside I popped the trunk, threw my suitcase inside and quickly hopped in the driver's seat.

Then Dre came running out of the house in his underwear. "Baby wait!"

"Come on start! Start!" I said sticking the key in the ignition.

This raggedy ass car starts any other time but the day I decide to leave him, it don't wanna start.

"Start! Start! Start!" I hit the steering wheel over and over again.

"Baby don't go!" He said grabbing my arm through the window.

I snatched my arm from him. "Dre no!" I shouted as tears filled my eyes.

"Baby please don't go! Please don't go!" He begged.

He opened the car door, picked me up bridal style and carried me back inside. That was my chance to get away, I'm weak and he has so much power over me.

I can't get away.

Quinn,

I haven't talked to Chel'le in a few weeks and i'm really worried about her. I already know Dre been hitting her but all she gonna do is lie and say that he hasn't. I want him locked up for what he did to me and for what he's doing to Chel'le. He's gonna end up killing her if I don't report his ass to the cops soon and that's exactly what I'm gonna do today because I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose my best friend over a situation that can easily be handled.

As I was walking up to their door I could hear loud moans coming from inside. I rolled my eyes and started knocking on the door as hard as I could.

"Chel'le come open the door! Chel'le!" I yelled banging on the door.

After a few more knocks Chel'le had finally came to the door and I could tell that crazy muthafucka been beating on her just by the way she looks.

"Hey Chel'le." I smiled.

She smiled at me. "Hey Quinn. I missed you." She said hugging me.

"I missed you too girl." I said hugging her back. "How you doing?"

"Fine and you?"

"I been alright, can I come in?"

"Yea come right in." She stepped aside allowing me to walk in.

"So what's new with you?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

She sat down next to me. "Nothing much. Just been in bed relaxing."

"Okay and how are things with you and Dre?" I folded my arms.

"G-good." She stuttered.