Chapter One-Hundred-Nineteen

Start from the beginning

Kylo Ren was reclined against the metal chair, left arm folded across his torso, right arm resting on the left, right fingers touching his face mindlessly as he watched. His helmet rested on the dark grey counter. 

I gazed at him, adoring him and pitying him. I knew exactly what he was doing. 

"Why did you come?" He asked quietly in his acidic molasses voice without moving a muscle to acknowledge me. I didn't reply at first -- I was stunned. I didn't realize that he was aware of me. 

I glanced to my left and stuttered when I saw the control room night guard slumped against the wall, clearly unconscious, clearly due to some action of Kylo Ren's. I could only imagine the ways in which Kylo Ren knocked out the guard so he could view that specific screen. 

"I -- uh -- I wanted to see you." I answered, looking back at Kylo Ren and completely forgetting about the guard. 

"I told you stay in my quarters." He reminded, but whatever authoritative tones Kylo Ren once held were crippling in our privacy. 

"I wanted to see you more than I wanted to listen to you." 

Silence ensued. I almost didn't want to take more steps towards him. I knew Kylo Ren was relieved and excited about seeing his mother after so long and so much. I didn't know how he was feeling hours later while watching her ship return to her own planet on a satellite screen alone. 

Yes, he was watching Leia return to her home planet by himself at such a late hour. 

I took a brave step towards Kylo Ren. I didn't want to break whatever boundaries I had at this moment. I knew he must be in some sort of immense emotional state and that Kylo Ren could easily be broken down if I simply said one wrong word. 

"Are you okay?" I tentatively asked, almost afraid for the reply. I was glad that I had arranged the reuniting of him and his mother but again, I didn't think of the possible negative outcomes. 

Kylo Ren was silent and still. 

"I'm confused, Nira." He started in his mellow voice, but I could hear the pain beneath his tranquil words. "Why does she love me?"

I scoffed quietly and walked quickly up to him. "You heard Leia, Kylo Ren! You are her son -- "

Kylo Ren stood up abruptly, turned towards me, and interrupted me, "But do you realize what kind of son I am? I am no son of General Leia Organa!" 

He had a crazed look in his stunning brown eyes. I froze with my mouth open, unsure of what to say. 

Kylo Ren's shoulders slumped and his usually flawless posture faltered. 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be taking any of my inner torment out on you. You were trying to help, and you did help." Kylo Ren turned slightly away from me, glanced up at the satellite screen, and back down to the floor where his body faced. 

I extended a slow arm. "You aren't doing anything wrong, Kylo Ren. I didn't expect you to continue your life as if nothing happened after that." 

I let my fingertips slowly touch his arm. 

"No matter what happens I will always stand behind you." I said quietly. 

Kylo Ren's head slightly turned towards me, and then he proceeded to fluently wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back, and being enveloped in his toned arms had never felt so good. 

Yes, I had been worried that bringing Leia to see him would totally backfire on me. I had been stressing out about whether or not Kylo Ren would hate me for even thinking about such a thing -- bringing the enemy directly into our base? Absurd!