Chapter One

It was the night that Kylo Ren kidnapped me. My mother rushed into our hut.

"Nira, they're coming." My mom said. She held my face gently between her hands. I looked into her eyes and saw only fear.

"How do we know?" I asked. I was praying that this wasn't true. That The First Order really wasn't coming to our peaceful village, Tunstead.

"We've spotted them on the radar. We're being given two options; we can run and get caught, or stay here and get caught." She stroked some of my hair behind my ears. She was defeated. I could tell, and that scared me. My mother was a strong-willed woman who believed in good. "What are they going to do? Why are they even coming here? We haven't done anything!" I exclaimed defiantly. It's true! Two years ago when The Resistance and The First Order were battling over the missing piece of the map for Luke Skywalker, Tunstead hadn't participated in anything. We had been neutral, and untouched. We were not part of The Resistance or The First Order. We had lived our lives in peace and watched entire planets get destroyed, but we didn't help for our own safety.

The battle had finished, The Resistance found Luke Skywalker, several new Jedi Knights were trained, and several refugees from destroyed neutral cities and villages had come to Tunstead because of the reputation of peace we had. Our village had doubled, then tripled in size.

Recently, it's been all over the galaxy that The First Order is recommencing. They have experts rebuilding the armies, weapons, and creating a new base stronger than the giant planet they had before. I've heard several rumors on what their plans will be this time; taking over the galaxy, destroying everything but themselves, taking everything in to make it a new army, destroying all remaining Resistance fighters, etc, etc. The point is, they're rebuilding, and there's no way to know if you're safe or not.

The Resistance is also coming out of the ash as well. They're all over, recruiting new people and fighters. They only rebuild to keep The First Order under monitor. They have several more Jedi this time. Rey is one of their leaders.

All of this has been progressing since The First Order had been defeated the first time by The Resistance. Tunstead had remained peaceful. We let people in when they asked for help, after verifying that they could be trusted. We lived good lives. We live in a giant valley surrounded by massive forests. The valley was so big you couldn't see the tall trees at the edges, but they were there. We all lived in wooden houses except in the middle of the town there's a big metal building. That's where our miniature government works. We have old technology that is rarely used by anyone. We have outdated radars and radios, and no weapons of any kind to add to it.

We had remained neutral and had never bothered anyone. But now, they were coming. The First Order was coming.

I looked out the window of our small wooden house. Fear escalated inside of me when I saw the bright lights of their ships ascending down. People were beginning to gather outside of their homes, in the middle of the village. "What are we going to do?" I asked, turning towards my mom. I was ready to run. She looked slumped, and defeated.

"We'll go outside. See what they want."

The wind was whirling because of the ship's landing, the engines were so loud they drowned out all other sound, and everyone just stood, waiting for them to exit their ships; some people looked in awe, some terrified, some ready to defend themselves. I was a mixture of all three. My fists were clenched and sweating, my posture was straight and I was ready to face these evil people.

Three ships landed. Two were identical. They were tiny fighters, or defensive ships. I saw my first stormtrooper when the black glass pod shifted backwards and one climbed out of each ship. The biggest ship, in the center, had two huge metal wings that extended straight out. Connected in the middle of the wings was basically a large metal compartment. I wouldn't know much else about either type of ship. I've only studied basic agriculture, not advanced transport technology.