Chapter One-Hundred-and-One

(Author's Note: Kylo's POV! Recap -- the battle is ensuing at The First Order's base. Nira has entered the battle in stormtrooper armor, and everyone is unaware that she is fighting except for her and perhaps a few of The First Order's warriors, if they were smart enough to figure it out.)

I stuck both of my arms out at full length to get more power as I sent several of The Resistance's troops flying into another group of enemy troops, knocking all of the troops over in succession and making murder a much more simple task for my stormtroopers.

At the beginning of the battle I had encompassed myself in a force field made of the actual Force. I had not come close to dying yet -- my superiority with a lightsaber had rendered myself basically untouchable, and if you combine my impeccable combative skills with a literal Force field, I was nearly invincible.

I sensed an enemy troop approaching behind me. I turned and, with incredible ease and grace, pushed my lightsaber across his waist, slicing him in half. He cried out in agony and fell to the ground in a bleeding heap. I stepped over his remains disdainfully and used The Force on another pack of enemy troops.

That's when I sensed her. I froze in my tracks and focused on my mental senses.

Yes, she was here.

But . . . how?

I looked around, suddenly distracted from the battle. She was here, but I could not locate her . . .

How had she escaped my Force?, I thought angrily and confusedly.

I looked around, scanning the battlefield, but I was unable to spot her. I continued my search until I was shot.

I was forced to pull my focus back into the battle. There was a pounding sensation on the back of my left thigh, but the laser bullet had not penetrated my top-of-the-line armor -- only shocked me into my vicious reality. There was a war going on around me. I couldn't get that far distracted.

I turned around and came at my shooter with full force. I whipped my lightsaber around, parried a few of his weak shots, and then penetrated his chest with my red, glowing, buzzing weapon.

I knew that I had to find her, but I also knew that I couldn't leave the battle. If The Resistance took her, they would partially retreat, but leave a few ships here in order to attempt to destroy our base. If they did not succeed in abducting her and began to seriously lose the battle, they would fully withdraw and accept defeat temporarily.

I turned in all directions, continuing to fight oncoming warriors and to search the massive, bloody crowd for her, but I only succeeded in the former of the two. I simply could not find her.

But she was there! I could clearly sense her presence in the hangar! She was somewhere in here, fighting! It angered me that she had clearly disobeyed me and chosen to fight, but I didn't have any time to focus on my anger. Nira was in immediate danger.

If she was getting taken by The Resistance currently, it would be impossible for me to spot out a 'scuffle' or a 'disturbance' because there was disturbance and scuffles everywhere -- we were in the midst of a full-scale war.

But, as I was fending off a few weak enemy troops, I was able to spot something that was entirely out of the ordinary.

A stormtrooper, near The Resistance's ships, shot electricity from it's hands and into a crowd of opposing warriors. I recognized who it was immediately, and I admired how clever Nira's camouflage was, but she was near abduction. Enemy warriors were swarming around her. She was fighting them off quite well, but it was not well enough.

The next events happened so fast I was barely able to react. One of The Resistance warriors came up behind Nira with three metal rods, and I immediately recognized the rods.