12. Noise complaint

Start from the beginning

I breathed shakily as I took my hand out of his as she looked over at us, he didn't reach for me, ask me what was wrong, he didn't even look at me as I slipped away.

I walked for what felt like forever before I got out of the crowd of busy bodies.

I watched in slow motion as the song slowed for only a second.

I closed my eyes as I breathed out, I opened them and went into the kitchen to find a piece of mind, but all I found was Samantha.

"Samantha Gate?" I asked the beautiful girl as she danced while pouring herself a drink.

"Yeah, that's me." She smiled as she faced me.

"L.A.P.D., I'm here to shut down the party." I flashed my badge as I yelled over the music.

"Oh come on, you're a cop? And I was going to ask you dance." She said licking her lips as she started dancing again, moving her hips to the beat as I looked at her with a blank stare.

"You have one hour to shut it down." I spoke sternly before turning around, I left the kitchen.

I walked back into the main room to see no signs of Riggs, I sighed before moving around the crowd.

"Hey!" I heard someone behind me, I felt my wrist being grabbed and I turned quickly.

"I already gave Gates her warning." I spoke loudly, "You found her?" He asked and I nodded.

He gave me a curious look before leading me out of the house.

"Where the hell did you disappear to?" He asked as I took my arm out of his hand.

"I left when you saw her," "Her who?" He asked as we walked down the driveway.

"Her her!" I spoke in exasperation.

"Oh, Miranda." He confirmed my fears.

"Yeah, her." I spoke harshly.

"So why did you pull away?" He asked as we stood on either side of the car, "Why didn't you notice I pulled away?" I said.

It shouldn't have bothered me the way it did, but I've had someone leave me before.

"I did, but you didn't hear me yelling at you when you walked away. I lost you in the crowd and nearly lost it." He spoke and I looked up at him.

"You looked for me?" I asked and he sighed heavily, "I like you, so much, Deja, to the point to where I might not be able to stop." He said and my harsh eyes softened.

"I don't love Miranda anymore.. You're the only thing that matters to me, alright?" He said as he raised his eyebrows.

I nodded, slowly.

"You won't lie to me, right?" I asked as we still looked at each other over the car hood.

"You know I couldn't even if I tried." He smiled before winking.

I sighed in relief before we sat in the car and waited for the party to stop.

-

"So, why did you pull away?" Riggs asked as we both sat in the car, waiting for the party to stop or become a quiet shindig.

"Because," I sighed as I sat up because I was slouched in my seat before, "Because I was her.. I've seen Ashton at parties before with his beloved and it kills me to even see them hold hands."

"So you pulled away because you didn't want to hurt her feelings?" Riggs looked over at me, "I pulled away because it hurts you all over to see someone you thought you were gonna be with forever, be with another person." I said and then looked over at him,

"Does that make sense?" I sighed because I seem to ramble.

"Perfect sense." He smiled.

--

"Hey," Riggs walked up to me as I worked late in the desolate office.

I put my hand over my chest, "I thought everyone went home." I chuckled because he scared me.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked standing next to my desk.

"Finishing this paperwork, I swear that's all I do anymore.. But I'm getting pretty quick at it. It's my laser-like focus." I smiled as I folded my arms over each other as I set them on my desk and looked up in adoration at Riggs.

"Laser-like focus?" He smirked and I nodded.

"I bet I can distract you." He said and I lightly scoffed.

"Good luck." I smiled as I sat up straight and started filling out the paperwork that was spread on top of my desk.

I noticed Martin put one of his hands on my desk as he leaned down, behind me.

I felt him gently move the hairs that fell from my messy bun out of the way, I felt his breath tickle my neck as my writing slowed, but never stopped.

His soft lips brushed against my jaw before he trailed kisses along my neck, I closed my eyes with my lips parting, I put my pen down.

"You win." I huffed as I sat back in my chair and he chuckled.

He kissed my cheek before he turned my chair so I faced him.

"What's my prize?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes because he was like a teenage boy.

I brought him down to my lips and kissed him, deeper than I ever have.

His hands held onto my armrests to keep him from falling onto me.

I put one of my hands on his jaw before I ran my fingers down his neck and then on his chest for a second before we broke apart.

"You know, there's a closet over there if you want to finish this." He said with our faces close together.

I smiled as I laughed, "I have to go home and be with Charlie." I said standing up as he did too.

"Fine, fine. Then tomorrow night," He said and I looked up at him as I packed my stuff up for the night.

"Tomorrow night, what?" I laughed.

"Tomorrow night I'm taking you to my place." He promised with a large smile.