'Well, I would say that my day had been good until I met you,'Sharon said. She had not wanted to respond to his insults but it had proven too much. 'You come in late with a poor excuse. You have a secretary, surely. If she did not inform you of my numerous ventures to the front desk to find you, she is not doing her job. Then, you reject me because of issues that has nothing to do with me and/or about me. If you, as as a senior accountant cannot hire someone without people questioning your choices, they have certainly seen previous examples of your poor judgement. I still, however, do not understand how that can be used as a reason to reject me. To tell the truth, I came in out of courtesy to Scott. I have come and I will leave. Good day to you sir.'

Sharon stomped out of the conference room, leaving him shell shocked and speechless. She slammed her pass on the counter by the reception and stalked out. She couldn't believe the nerve of the man. To reject her just because he had no control in choosing her. What a control freak.

However, she didn't want to let him control her feelings anymore. What can she do to make it go away?

  - ------@@@@@-------

Cameron braced himself for the shock that he would induce once he went into the building. He had debated with himself for a better part of an hour about the wisdom of his next action but he had promised Sharon. She had a strong hold on him. He didn't want to disappoint her and betray her budding trust in him. Plus she had gone for the interview, upon his directive and despite her misgivings. He had to do the same.

He opened the door and silence reigned. All the employees stopped what they were doing and stared at him in shock. You might be wondering why he elicited such a strong reaction.

Usually, after a big blow up with his agent, which usually involved him screaming at his agent and his agent responding, he would disappear for 2 weeks at least and no one would be able to contact him despite numerous privaye investigators and what nots.  Well, people he didn't want to know that is. And when he comes back, his agent was willing to cede to his demands, since he was such a big name in the football industry.

Now, it had barely been 2 days and he was back. His agent, Matthew Colton, met him at his office door. He had a puzzled expression. Nonetheless, he greeted Cameron with much fanfare.

Once they settled in his office, Cameron got straight to the point. 'Find me a discreet physical therapist,'he told Matthew. 'Someone who is not star struck, able to keep his trap shut and good. Not in that order either.'

Matthew was silent for a few moments before he nodded slowly. 'Alright. I'll ask around and get back to you within 3 days,'he said. Then he asked the question that everyone must have in their head. 'Why the sudden turn about? You were adamantly against it a week ago. Did something happen?'

'Nothing that you would need to know,'he responded tersely. He ignored the look of disbelief that Matthew sent him. He didn't want him to anyone to learn about Sharon. He was possessive of her. He wanted to keep her all to himself. Like a treasured jewel.

'Well, as I said, I'll get back to you-'

Suddenly Cameron's phone rang. It was an unknown number. He almost didn't answer it until he remembered that he had given his number to Sharon. It could be her. His heart rate accelerated in excitement and anticipation. He excused himself and went to the pantry.

'Hello. Cameron speaking.' He heard Sharon snorted. 'Hello? I don't speak snort.'

'Haha,' Sharon said drily. He felt himself smile. 'I, on the other hand, am fluent in snort. I can teach you if you want. In private of course. Otherwise people will look at us askance.' She said it soo confidently and brightly that he had a hard time holding in his laughter.

There was silence between them. The silence was not uncomfortable. It was comforting. It made him feel instantly better.

'Well, the reason I called you is to find out if you wanted any ice cream,'she told him, breaking the silence.

This put Cameron on the defensive. Anytime a woman wanted ice cream something bad must have happened. 'How was the interview?'he asked warily. He heard her sigh even through through the phone. She didn't answer. 'Sharon? Tell me what happened.' He was getting testy. It hadn't been this hard to get any of his ex girlfriends to talk about whatever was bothering them. Usually, he didn't even have to asked.

'Alright, so you don't want any ice creams,'she finally said. 'I'll see you at the apartment then.'

She hung up. He stared at his phone in bewilderment. She didn't even give him a brief version of what happened. She was seriously getting to him.

A/N sorry if this isn't as fun as the previous chapters but hope you enjoyed it