Chapter 40 Reunion

"What should we all wear to the reunion this evening?" Brieanna asked as they soaked in the warm water of the bath.

"I think we should improvise a shield-maiden out fit for me and all come as Valkyries," Susan teased.

"That would shock everyone!" Brieanna said then laughed.

"We could simply go totally nude," Gwen joked, "like when we went to our island."

"Yea, let's!" Susan said giggling.

"No, no nudity or even partial nudity," Brieanna said firmly. "As the eldest sister here I say we wear a colorful underdress and pinafore."

"You are the oldest Brie, the old married lady of our group," Susan said.

"As of today I'm nineteen."

"I forgot it was your birthday," Susan said sheepishly.

"So did I, Mom told me last night. Between the two of us we will find something colorful for you to wear too, Susie."

"We have a ton of gold jewelry too," Gwen said. "We'll all be stunning."

"I think we should visit our island again once things settle down, my tan is fading," Brieanna said.

"Can I come too Mommy?"

"Yes Nit, we will fly Dreki and spend a day. Girls only."

They dresses together before making their entrance. Aednat was wearing her new green dress, it served to set off her fiery red hair and matched her eye color. "Nit, you are so pretty!" Brieanna said softly. Susan was wearing Brieanna's green underdress and a red pinafore. Gwen was dresses in a pink underdress and dark pink pinafore and Brieanna her blue underdress and red pinafore with the dragon embroidery. They all wore a gold glit circlet and several gold necklaces, bracelets and anklets.

"We all look like Viking maidens!" Gwen said laughing, "Let's make our grand entrance."

"I don't want to wear shoes!" Aednat declared.

"None of us do Nit," Brieanna responded.

"What about swords?" Susan asked.

"That would overwhelm the guests Susie," Brieanna replied. "Let's concentrate on simply looking beautiful." They walked together to the garden area where the reunion was being held. And as planned their entrance stopped all conversations as they were surrounded by family and friends all curious as to their colorful clothing. Aednat saw several children close to her age and ran off to talk to them. Sam was at Brieanna's side immediately.

"Brie, that was quite an entrance," he teased. "You are so beautiful my little Viking." She laughed at his remark and kissed him clinging to him as introductions were made. Gwen and Susan greeted everyone declaring that they were obviously twins which got them a lot of laughs. Numerous aunts, uncles and cousins approached her with hugs and listened as she related her story to them. Her story of her and Sam's first meeting got a lot of laughs.

Several of her mother's closest friends also attended as well as the current and past members of the Three Sisters Group. Sam was intimidated at first by their presence, but that eased as he saw the gentle affection they felt for his Brieanna, and the kindness they showed Gwen and Aednat. He also realized for the first time that Brieanna came from a family of a much higher social rank than his. Yet they simply accepted him with grace and genuine affection. He was raised in a home that was filled with resentment for the social order of rank, yet all he could see was the love and concern her family had for his new family.

"You were looking a bit odd," Brieanna whispered.

"It just came to me that you are not my peer socially." Brieanna looked startled at him. Then holding him tighter and kissing him.

"You are my family Sam. My family are just like any family, we fight at times, we argue, but we love each other too."

"I can see that. They have all made me feel part of the family."

"You realize that someday I will serve as one of the Three Sisters?"

"I never thought about it."

"The only thing in life that lasts forever is our love and our family," Brieanna whispered.

"I believe that, I will love you forever."

"I'm hungry!" she said smiling brightly, "take me to the buffet table, please." They walked to the table and joined Aednat who was taking a plate of small cream filled pastries as she stood in a group of children. "Nit is adjusting well Sam, so will you." They were eating when Ruth and her husband and Susan joined them. "Have you seem Gwen?" Brieanna asked Susan.

"She and cousin Duane have not left each other's side."

"A budding romance?"

"Time will tell, when are we flying to your island?" Susan asked.

"Let's go tomorrow morning, it will be a nice break from all this. Sam, sorry, it's girls only this time."

"That's OK, your grandfather and Bill are going to take a look at our fields, and advise me as to the best crops to plant this spring. And I'm going to look at horses. I won't buy any without you."

"I can't go this time," Ruth said.

"You'll have to next time Ruthie, you'll love it." Then turning to Sam, "My Mom hired a band...dance with me!" Brieanna took his hand leading him to the dance area as the music started.

Later that night Sam and Brieanna were alone. Sam was laying on his back and Brieanna laying on top of him. She was resting her chin on her hands that rested on Sam's chest. "I'm not at all tired!" she said.

"I'm exhausted elf, it was a stressful evening."

"Too much dancing?"

"That I enjoyed. Meeting family was tireing."

"So...you're too tired to wrestle?" Sam nodded. "But I'm bored...entertain me!" Sam laughed at her response and pulled her up so he could kiss her forehead. She slid up higher and bit his neck.

"OW! What was that for," Sam asked smiling at her.

"I'm hungry!" Brieanna said pouting. Sam simply rolled her over and kissed her neck as she giggled.