Chapter 9 - A New Home

First of all, huge bear hugs to all my dear precious, readers. Thanks for helping my story reach more than 16K reads and more than 550 votes. Thanks for all the lovely comments and thank you for all the follows. I know this chapter was long overdue. Sorry for not updating sooner.

But the next chapter is up now! Yay! Hope you'll love it!

Blowing kisses and a new chapter your way!

Hello Dear Readers,

Here's Chapter 9 for y'all.

Enjoy!

And don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you!

사랑해.

파이팅.

-Jay.

__________________________________________________________________________________

(Chloe Richardson POV)

I was being choked.

Someone was pulling me underwater. It was dark and I couldn't see much, except for a dark figure that was keeping me underwater.

No matter how hard I tried to fight them, no matter how hard I tried to resurface I was being pulled back again. I thrashed around, trying to free myself from their hold, clawing at the hands that were wrapped around my throat. But their hold was too strong.

My lungs were getting heavy.

My throat was closing up.

I was losing my breath.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't.

I could hear the laughter of that person. A triumphant, malicious laughter that would make your blood turn cold. I tried fighting one last time before my lungs gave out and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

My eyes snapped open and I sat up, gasping for air. I placed my hand on my heart and I could feel my heart beat rapidly.

It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. I chanted as I tried to calm myself down.

But something still felt wrong. Terribly wrong. Something felt out of place. I realized the blanket over my body was different. It wasn't mine.

The bed I was sitting on was different too. It was large. I studied the unfamiliar surroundings of the room. The room was bigger than mine. I immediately realized this wasn't my home.

"Morning, Baby. Did you have a good night's sleep?" Goosebumps crept over my arms as I heard his voice say to me.

Luca.

My head snapped in his direction. He was standing casually, leaning against the wall, one hand holding his suit jacket and the other jammed deep in the pocket of his trousers.

Memories of the previous night came flooding back - the casino, the kiss, the game, how I had tried to escape but miserably failed to do so.

I sat up properly, covering myself with the blanket, pulling it over up to my chin before asking him, "Where am I?" but I already knew the answer to it.

"You my dear Chloe are at my place, my home." He pushed himself off the wall and slowly walked over to the bed, his eyes staring intently at me. I felt like his prey. I crawled to the edge of the bed to get as far away from him as possible. Throwing his suit jacket aside, he loosened his tie and climbed on top of the bed.