Chapter 6 - At The Casino

Hello Dear Readers,

Here's Chapter 6 for y'all.

Enjoy!

And don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you!

-Jay.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

(Chloe Richardson POV)

Finally, the most dreadful day had dawned. It was Friday- the day on which my fate was to be decided. We were here in Vegas, staying at one of the suites that Luca had provided us at his casino.

Luca had arranged for our transportation. He had sent over Thomas to pick me and my dad up early in the morning. We were led to the airport where Luca's private jet was ready for us and just in a few hours we were in what most people call the 'Sin City'.

Luca's men escorted us to the casino where dad was supposed to 'play' in the evening.

And now it was already evening. I shook my head in despair as I sat in front of the mirror, and recalled the events that had unfolded since the morning.

If the last whole week was stressful, today was a completely different level of 'stressful'.

When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my skin looked pale. I had dark shadows under my eyes. No matter how many times I brushed my hair, it still looked messed up since I was running my finger through them multiple times. So all in all I looked like a total zombie.

Okay, so that was a bit exaggerated. I wasn't looking as bad as a zombie but still I wasn't looking glamorous either.

Brushing my hair for a billionth time, I placed down the comb and picked up my necklace, clasping it around my neck.

I clutched the diamond ring on it as I shut my eyes tightly. "Please let it all turn out to be okay, Mom." I always talked with my Mom whenever I felt sad or scared or nervous. It made me feel calm and always helped me get rid of my anxiety.

As I stood up, I examined my dress in the mirror, twirling a bit. I had purchased this dress a long time ago but I had never gotten a chance to wear it. It was a simple full length black dress, sleeveless with a v-neck bodice and a gold metallic belt at the waist. It looked pretty decent.

I made my way to the bed where bag with the dress which Luca had given me was lying. I had brought over the dress but only to return it to Luca. Of course the dress was beautiful but I wasn't going to wear it.

It was true that had waived off our debt but that didn't mean that I had to act as he pleased. He did not hold any authority over me or my Dad and that was what I wanted to show him.

A knock on the door startled me and Dad's voice called out, "Chloe, can I come in?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said as I sat on the bed.

Dad walked in the room dressed in his old grey suit. "How do I look, Chloe?" He asked while posing in front of me a bit awkwardly, indecisive of whether he should fold his arms across his chest or put his hands in his pocket. Being a construction worker, he wasn't so used to wearing suits. He finally settled on placing his arms on his waist.

I let out a small laugh at his nervousness. When it came to Luca, Dad sure got all fidgety and jumpy. "Dad, you look the best." I said as I walked over to him and placed a small kiss on his cheek.