Chapter 5- Roses and A Dress

Hello Dear Readers,

Here's Chapter 5 for y'all.

Enjoy!

And don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you!

-Jay.

______________________________________________________________________________________

(Chloe Richardson POV)

I thought he was a debt collector- a loan shark even. But I had never imagined him to be someone from the mafia. Let alone the leader of the mafia. Well, that explained why he carried a gun.

It had been five days since I had read that article about Luca. I asked Dad if he knew about it but he said he didn't. Although the funny part about it was that he didn't even look the least bit shocked by the information.

I was placing the cakes in the glass display counters when the shop door chimed. I looked up to see Jim carrying a bouquet of white roses.

I rolled my eyes.

Oh God! Not again!

"You have a delivery." He said as he placed the bouquet on the glass counter. He took out a pen and his pad. "Delivered to one Miss. Chloe Richardson. From one Mr. Luca Moretti." He said as he struck out a name on the paper.

He stuffed the pen back in his pocket and grinned at me mischievously wriggling his eyebrows.

I narrowed my eyes at him playfully and pulled his cap downward to cover his face. "Shut up, Jim." I said.

"Hey-" He swatted my hand away and adjusted his cap. "I'm not complaining. At least the sales of the shop have risen because of this guy." He chugged his thumb at the bouquet resting on the counter.

Jim worked at his father's flower shop- Juliet's Flowers. His father was a good friend of my Dad and Jim was like my little brother.

"Well, good for you." I said as I took the bouquet from the counter and placed them in the vase on the corner table.

"This is the fifth day in a row that he has sent you flowers. You sure he's not your boyfriend?" Jim said as he leaned on the glass counter.

I just shook my head at him. "No. He's not my boyfriend." I took out a slice of strawberry choco cake and placed it in front of Jim.

"Well it's a sad thing he's not your boyfriend. He even pays double, you know, to make a quick delivery. This guy has seriously got a huge crush on you." He said as he heartily dug his fork into the cake.

"Crushes are only for high-schoolers like you." I teased him as I poked his chubby cheek with my finger.

"Hey! I'll be out of high school pretty soon, you know." He said swatting away my hand again.

I laughed. It was so easy to annoy him. "You still have a year and a half left." I said as I went inside the kitchen to get another cake.

"Is that for me?" Jim's eyes lit up as I came out with another strawberry choco cake. "Although I can't eat more, you know. I have already gained a lot of weight in the past five days."

I just laughed at him as I placed the cake inside the glass counter.

He ate his last bite as he said. "You know what's the highlight of delivering the flowers everyday? I get to eat your cakes." Placing the plate on the counter he continued, "And tomorrow I want a Honey and Pine Nut Cake.