Death-spectations

Start from the beginning

"Wait, hold on," Eren began to get hysterical, "you're kidding right?"

"Nope," Connie said. "He kicked the bucket, he has gone home, and he's probably not coming back."

"A-Armin," Eren stuttered. "No! This is not true!"

"I was there," Connie said. "I saw it happen." Connie shook his head back and forth. "What a shame, he was so young, too."

"I just need a minute to-" Eren sat down in the chair next to Connie, curling up into a ball and laying on his side. "How did this happen?" He asked quietly.

"He was reckless," Connie said. "It's too bad that such a little mistake had a giant effect."

"I mean how did he," Eren sniffed. "Leave us?"

"He shot himself in the eye," Connie stated. "On accident."

Eren whimpered and curled up tighter. "Did he look at peace?"

Connie laughed. "No, dude, he was screaming and tripping over things all while in pain."

Eren squeaked again before slowly standing up. "I'm going to plan a... event commemorating him. It'll..." he cleared his throat, trying to hold back tears. "It'll be at three o'clock. Dress in black."

"Okay," Connie held a thumbs up. "I'll be there."

Once Eren left, Connie scoffed. "The way he's talking about it makes it sound like Armin's dead," he laughed to himself.

The Same Day

Jean walked into the room to see Eren turning on a fake candle - mainly because they were not supposed to have real ones in school.

Marco rushed past to comfort Eren. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Eren. Armin was a great person, and I'm sure he is looking down upon you from his place in the clouds," Marco sympathized.

Eren sniffed, "thank you..."

"I brought my birthday gift to him," Bertolt spoke up. "I was going to give it to him later today but..."

"It's okay, Bertolt," Eren wiped away his tears. "I am sure he is happy that at least you remembered it's his birthday."

"One question," Ymir said. "The fuck is that?" She said as she pointed to a picture in a frame.

"It's a picture of our beloved Armin," Eren said.

"You literally drew a stick figure with a bowl cut on lined paper and stuck it into a frame," Mikasa stated.

"How dare you disrespect him like that!" Eren snapped back.

"Everyone, take your seats," Christa said. "The ceremony is about to begin."

The friends scrambled to get to a seat as Christa cleared her thrust and pulled out a speech. "Friends of Armin: we are gathered here today to celebrate the life  of Armin Arlert. As you can see by the... horridly draw stick figure of Armin, he was a happy person. Always filled with smiles... and sassy remarks to fire at the stupid.

But that is why we love him. I would like to welcome up to the podium, Sasha Braus."

Christa stepped aside as Sasha stepped up, pulling back her sleeve.

"My grandmother always told me," she began. "That life is like eating a cupcake. No matter how hard you try. You're always going to get frosting on your nose."

"What the hell?" Reiner said out loud.

"So," Sasha spoke louder. "Armin live a great life full of cupcake frosting. He was a crepe in the field of omelets. And no matter how hard we try, we still can't butter toast as well as he did," Sasha finished. "Thank you."

Everyone clapped as she put Armin's birthday present on the table with his stick figure portrait.

Jean organized his index cards. The slow applause died out as he began to speak. "Armin low key hated all of us," Jean began. "But that's okay, because we deserve it. We shall cherish the moments we remembered from his short existence. I hope that where ever he is, he'll look down at us, and still chastise us for being undeniably useless."

The applause started up again as Eren took the podium. He put a hand on Jean's shoulder. "Jean," Eren said with sad eyes. "I hope so, too."

Once Jean sat down, Eren began his speech. "You see, Armin wasn't just my best friend. He was my brother. We grew up together, and he had to deal with me that entire time. Not even Mikasa could tolerate me that much.

Armin was the person you always want around you, but not in a creepy way because he'll scare the ever loving shit outa you.

But Armin was my best friend. And I'll never forget him for as long as I live."

Everyone clapped.

"It seemed like years since my friend, Armin, has passed," Eren said dramatically.

"Quit telling people that I'm dead!"

"Sometimes, I can still hear his voice," Eren finished.

"Um, Eren," Jean spoke up while pointing to the door.

A rather annoyed Armin stood at the doorframe with his arms crossed.

"IT'S A GHOST!" Eren shouted.

Reiner frantically ran over to him with a water bottle, opened the cap, and shook it all over Armin. "THE POWER OF FRECKLED CHRIST COMPELS YOU!"

"I'm not dead!" Armin said while smacking the water bottle out of Reiner's hands. "What made you think that I was dead and please say that sad stick figure isn't me."

"Yes that stick figure is you," Eren said. "And Connie said you left us and that you had kicked the bucket and gone home!"

"Yes," Armin said. "I left the school, tripped over a bucket, and went home, and now I'm back to go to math because I will die if I miss that class."

"He said you shot yourself in the eye!" Eren shouted.

"With a laser," Armin annunciated. "I'll be danged if that killed me."

Everyone turned towards Connie with expressions ranging from mildly irritated to infuriated. "Connie." Eren spoke. "You chicken nuGGET!" He shouted before running after him. Connie immediately sprinted out the door as a mob of angry people chased him. Marco stopped before he left and pointed to the gifts on the table.

"Those are for you," he smiled. "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, Marco," Armin smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: IM SORRY MY DUDES
I HAVENT UPDATED IN AGES AND I ALSO DIDNT UPDATE IN TIME FOR ARLERT'S BIRTHDAY. LOVE THAT KID.

K BYE